Virtual Police in Public Housing
- Automated Eyes. Fickes, Michael // Government Security;Jun2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the video surveillance technology developed by ObjectVideo Inc. that enables computers to monitor cameras and alert security officers of potential threats. U.S. Customs and Border Protection's installation of the company's VEW software system at ports of entry located along the United...
- Fire Control Corp. adds surveillance to its security offerings. // Caribbean Business;7/4/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p34
Reports on Puerto Rican company Fire Control Corp.'s addition of a remote surveillance system to its range of fire prevention and fire suppression products. Manufacture of the surveillance system by Avant Technologies; Fire Control president Carlos Quilichini's comments on the strong demand for...
- On the Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2004, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p50
Features various products for the security systems industry. Features of the Physical Access Control Terminal manufactured by SCM Microsystem GmbH; Promotion of iAM alarm and access system by PCSC company; Introduction of SecureLink NetTalk IP Intercom Interface by DVTel company. INSET: PDA...
- Spy chips versus the inside job. Sandhana, Lakshmi // HS Today;Jun2008, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p23
The article focuses on the Invisible Perimeter Defense Technology from Warrenton, Virginia-based Nox Defense. It mentions that the technology can employ spy chips along with a high-resolution video camera surveillance system resulting to an anti-theft solution. It adds that the system can...
- Burglars Can Be Smoked Out. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the intrusion technology being marketed in the U.S. Concept of the technology; Aim for the installation; Features of the product.
- SUCCESS STORIES IN VIDEO SURVEILLANCE. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p48
Introduces a series of articles on how security integrators optimized available technologies to potential challenges in video surveillance systems. Features and limitations of video surveillance systems.
- CITY OF BAYAMON, PUERTO RICO. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p49
Features the video surveillance system installed in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Challenges in installing the system; Telecommunication technologies used in the system; Phases of the installation.
- Centralized video monitoring comes into sharper focus. Freschi, Cynthia // International Gaming & Wagering;Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the increasing use of centralized video monitoring in the business enterprises in the U.S. The author states that centralized vide monitoring allows security professionals to view data and manage an entire network of security devices from a single location, anywhere on the...
- DVR INSTALLATION CHECKLIST. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006 Supplement, p16
The article outlines primary considerations technicians should have in order to provide their clients with a robust digital video recording (DVR) installation. These factors to consider include the following: selection of DVR cameras, cable type, storage medium, software for facial recognition,...