- Your Personal Vision Just Got More Personal. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p11
Editorial. Focuses on the demand and use of video surveillance systems. Areas of applications; Trends supporting the installation of video surveillance systems in homes; Advances in Internet-enabled video technology.
- TRENDS IN REMOTE VIDEO MONITORING. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p50
Looks at trends in remote video surveillance systems in the United States. Functions of the systems; Increase in the number of companies and businesses using the systems; Use of interactive video to eliminate guards; Rise in the adoption of video verification systems commercially;...
- Myriad Uses for Remote Video Surveillance. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p52
Cites the different uses for remote video surveillance systems in the United States. Incorporation of video cameras into motion detectors; Examples where wireless communications send an alarm and video clip to a central station; Use of remote video systems in exception-based reporting and...
- SUPER MOTION COMPRESSION IN DVR. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p114
Introduces the Super Motion Image Compression Technology, a digital video surveillance from GK Industries Inc. Specifications of the product; Capabilities of the product; Contact information.
- DIGITAL VIDEO ARRAY. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p114
Introduces the Philips DVAD Series Digital Video Array, a digital video surveillance from Bosch Security Corp. Availability of the item; Specifications of the item; Contact information.
- ON THE MARKET. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p52
Features several electronic security systems in the United States. Details of SWM Series Spectra Compact Wall Mount from Pelco; Functionality of Alligro LTC 4300 Series phoneline video transmission system from Philips Communication & Security Systems; Description of SWC40 surveillance system...
- CCTV traps McVeigh: Multi-media surveillance advances, succeeds. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on advances in multi-media surveillance technology. Use of closed-circuit television in security applications; Computer-based surveillance technology; Use of Object Linking and Embedding; Security software; Products by different manufacturers.
- Super Bowl Spurs Face Recognition Technology. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the use of facial recognition technology for surveillance, crime detection and counter-terrorism operations in the United States. Software technology and video surveillance systems used during the Super Bowl event; Companies offering the facial recognition technology; Concern over...
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p67
A quiz concerning control panel and monitoring technology of security systems is presented.