Skye and The Western Isles
- The undiscovered Orlando. Beaver, Lori // World Wastes;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p52
Features key tourist attractions and destinations in Orlando, Florida. Zoological gardens; Night activities; Restaurants; Sports bars; Activities for nature lovers.
- Tanzania. // Ausmarine;Jun2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p12
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's travel experiences in Mtwara which is located in the southernmost port of Tanzania.
- I...NY get-away weekend. Hilts Jr., Bill // New York State Conservationist;Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p16
Cites various attractions seen when visiting Niagara Falls in New York. Cataracts of Niagara Falls; New York Power Authority's user-friendly Visitor's Center; Niagara's Historic Trail; Niagara River.
- Thousand Islands region. // New York State Conservationist;Apr97, Vol. 51 Issue 5, Parks and Historic Sites p30
Describes various parks at the Thousand Islands Region which stretches from Lake Ontario to Lake Champlain in Vermont. Includes Southwick Beach State Park on Lake Ontario; Wellesley Island State Park, the largest among the state parks in the region; Cumberland Bay for campers. INSET: Historic...
- My China Diary. Horowitz, Will // Scholastic Scope;2/19/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p12
The article presents the author's experiences of traveling to Guizhou Sheng in China.
- Living history. Armstrong, John // Learning Disability Today;Jul2008, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p20
A narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of supporting a client on a difficult journey to Poland.
- Hong Kong. Scull, Theodore W. // Cruise Travel;Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
Features key travel destinations and attractions in Hong Kong, China. Geographical characteristics; Cruising attractions; Transportation; Parks; Restaurants; Cultural heritage. INSET: Know before you go.
- If you only have a day in Dubai. Sklarewitz, Norman // Cruise Travel;Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
Features key travel destinations and attractions in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Hotels and resorts; Cruise ships making calls in Dubai; Social conditions; Religious establishments; Sporting events; Geographical characteristics.
- If You Only Have A Day In St. John. Williams, Deborah // Cruise Travel;Apr2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p30
Describes Saint John Island in the Virgin Islands. Reasons why the island remains beautiful and largely undisturbed; Purchase of half the island in the 1950s by American philanthropist and conservationist Laurance Rockefeller; Rockefeller's donation of the land to the United States government;...
- Raleigh. Mink, Randy; Mink, Karen // TravelAmerica;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p24
Describes the city of Raleigh in North Carolina. Tourist attractions; Restaurants; Parks and museums.