India eyes long-term deals with Syria
- Unipetrol sale enters final phase. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2083, p7
Reports on the selection of final bidders for the shares of Unipetrol in the Czech Republic in January 2004. Percentage of Unipetrol shares being sold; List of companies which have submitted preliminary bids; Estimate value of Unipetrol.
- PKN to firm up Unipetrol deal. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p6
Reports that PKN Orlen expects to firm up details of its purchase of Unipetrol after July 4, 2004, the deadline by which minority shareholders in daughter company Ceska Rafinerska must decide whether to increase their stake. Percentage of stake in Unipetrol to be purchased by Orlen; Conditions...
- Unipetrol confirms Kaucuk sale. Conroy, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;2/5/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 52, p52
The article reports that Unipetrol has signed an agreement to sell plastics and rubber producer Kaucuk to Dwory. Information on the Kaucuk shares that will be sold by Unipetrol is presented. The decision of Dwory to decommission the existing butadiene extraction unit of Kaucuk is mentioned and...
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p7
The article offers news briefs involving the petrochemical industry, including the acquisition of Unipetrol by Polish refiner PKN Orlen, the expected growth of chemical and polymer sales driven by the automotive industry's growing demand for greater fuel efficiency and the initiation of a...
- Floods wash away 2002 profits. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p9
Details the financial performance of the chemical divisions of Czech company Unipetrol in 2002. Statistics on the divisions' pre-tax loss; Overview of the financial performance of Agrofert company.
- Czech Government to Review Possible Sale of Unipetrol Stake. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p6
Reports on reviewing of the possible sale of Unipetrol, the Czech refining and petrochemicals group. Reason for delay in sale of Unipetrol; Participation of Orlen in the privatization of the refinery.
- Indian Scene. // Chemical Business;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p45
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues in India as of July 1999. Factors that cause the increase in sugar imports of India; Liquified natural gas power plants planned to developed on the Western coast of India; Companies that cancelled imports of phosphatic and potassic fertilizers;...
- Unipetrol minority shareholders call on Conoco to defend their rights. Lešenarová, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the concerns of the minority shareholders of Unipetrol, a petrochemical holding company in the Czech Republic. Need for assurances from the backer of the Agrofert Group, the owner in waiting; Scope of the participation of oil giant Conoco in the Agrofert-led acquisition; Payment of a...
- Unipetrol readied for new sale with fewer conditions. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the privatization of the Czechoslovakia-based petro-chemical group, Unipetrol Co. Selling price; Conditions for the sale of the company; Implications for petroleum and chemical industries.