QUOTES OF THE WEEK
- FOCUS On Record/Time labels Manmohan Singh an 'underachiever'. // Business Today;8/5/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p26
The article presents quotes on the performance of Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, from several persons including Ravi Shankar Prasad, Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson, P. Chidambaram, Union Minister for Home Affairs and Kamal Nath, Urban Development Minister.
- "Quotable Quotes.". // Paintindia;Mar2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p88
The article presents quotes from several government officials in India concerning the Union Budget 2011-2012 including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Union Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar.
- Verbatim. // Time;11/26/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 22, p23
The article presents quotations from a variety of people including professional football player Troy WIlliamson regarding attending his grandmother's funeral, U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer about overriding a presidential veto, and the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh about a joint moon...
- Quotes of the year. // Business Today;1/11/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p52
The article presents quotes from Anuj Puri of Jones Lang Lasalle on the 20% dip in land acquisition costs on real estate market, Kamal Nath of Commerce and Industry Minister on the impact of global financial crunch on FDI inflows and Manmohan Singh on the impact of inflation on economic development.
- TO BE PRECISE. // Business Today;6/3/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p37
The article presents quotes from businesspeople in international events. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in "The Indian Express" stated that businesspeople cannot depend on a limited industrial firms and capitalists to develop their industrialization process. Chief executive officer Pramath Sinha...
- FOCUS: WELL SAID. // Business Today;5/2/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p20
The article presents quotes from Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recommending financial system of India to provide initiatives to Indian companies in managing foreign currency risks, U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner forecasting China's market-oriented exchange to contribute to...
- Then & Now. // Business Today;1/11/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p164
The article presents quotes from United Beverages (UB) Group chairman Vijay Mallya regarding the impact of liquidity on their company, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh believing on the importance of development needs and Wimpro Ltd. Founder Azim Hasham Premji relating their goal of entering...
- Economic reform slowed. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p11
Reports on the 1995-1996 budget proposal for India by Indian Finance Minister Manmohan Singh.
- Absence of BIPA on agenda, notice to Etisalat chief scuttled PM's UAE visit. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;3/30/2013, p3
The article announces the postponement of a visit of Prime Minister (PM) Manmohan Singh of India to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), scheduled for late March 2013, as India is being requested by the UAE to sign a Bilateral Investment Protection Agreement (BIPA).