- News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/31/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 15, p7
Reports business developments related to the chemical industry in the U.S. Financial performance of Eastman Chemical Co. for the third quarter of 2005; Profits of Chemtura Corp. for the same period; Decline of the profits of Georgia Gulf Corp.
- Last tango in Helsinki. Whyte, Melvyn // ICIS Chemical Business;10/29/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 16, p24
The article discusses the issues surrounding the compliance of the registration, evaluation, authorization of chemicals legislation (REACH) by various chemicals companies, which will be overseen by the new European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). The European Commission has established a series of...
- BCDTA Forms Reach Service Firm. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/19/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p11
The article reports that the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association (BCDTA) has established a company to assist with compliance of Europe's proposed Registration, Evaluation, and Authorisation of Chemicals legislation. Reach Facilitation Company's (ReFac) scope of services will be...
- CSG Associates Profile: Eastman Chemical Company. // State Government News;May2002, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on Eastman Chemical Co. Products; Information on the company's domestic operations; Specialization.
- Eastman's China ventures. // Chemical Week;1/26/94, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p6
Reports on Eastman Chemical's letter of intent to work with chemical industries in China. Possible venture with Chinese companies; Comments by Eastman chairman and chief executive president Earnest Deavenport.
- Eastman selects Malaysian site. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p21
Reports on Eastman Chemical's choice of Kuantan, Pahang as the site for its polyester copolymer plant in Malaysia. Construction and production schedule; Eastman's investment in Malaysia; Remarks of R. Wiley Bourne Jr., vice chairman and executive vice president.
- Deavenport Details Eastman Split-Up. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;8/22/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32, p39
Focuses on the decision of Eastman Chemical company to split its polyethylene terephthalate and commodity businesses from its specialty operations. Details on the split up; Brief history of the establishment of the businesses of Eastman Chemical; Focus and operations of Eastman Co.
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/10/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 11, p27
The article offers news briefs related to several projects of the chemical industry including Shell, Oriental Petrochemicals Co., and Eastman Chemical Co.
- Eastman Split Leaves Business Unfinished. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;02/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p5
Reports on how Eastman Chemical Co. is attempting to differentiate its fine chemicals business. One factor that could work to Eastman's advantage; Product line Eastman says will be attractive to potential buyers.