Deals hang in the balance
- Japan consolidated. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that the chemical industry of Japan is preparing the major consolidation of its petrochemical facilities to boost competitiveness on the global stage.
- Impact on India of consolidation in the global petrochemical industry. Lashkari, Z. F. // Chemical Business;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the impact of consolidation in the worldwide petrochemical industry on India. Motivation for consolidation; Overview of major consolidation activity worldwide; Benefits of the strategy; Description of the Indian scenario.
- New strategies to better manage boom-bust cycles in petrochemicals. // Chemical Business;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p31
Suggests strategies to manage boom-bust cycles in the petrochemicals industry. Disadvantages of mergers in the industry; Information on the condo cracker; Advantages of time-share cracker.
- Government Seeks Polyolefin Mergers. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p17
Reports that Korea's Commerce, Industry and Energy Ministry is pushing for further consolidation of the country's eight polyolefin producers into four groups. Importance of mergers to the petrochemical industry; Production capacity of Korea's olefins and polyolefin producers.
- Petrochemical High Noon. Hunter, David; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p31
Discusses the consolidation trend in petrochemical industry. When the trend on consolidation started; What prompted BP to take over Amoco; Impact of the Asian crisis on the industry; Earning targets set by the owners of petrochemical businesses.
- BASF, Shell approve Dutch SM-PO plant. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/16/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 15, p20
Reports on the approval given by BASF and Shell to Basell, their joint venture on styrene monomer-propylene oxide plant at Moerdijk. Construction of the plant; Capacity of the plant; Significance of the approval; Other information.
- China revamps petrochem industry. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/29/98, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p20
Reports that China is embarking on a major consolidation project to bring inefficient state-owned petrochemical firms up to speed as part of a comprehensive overhaul. Appointment of the State Petrochemical Industry Bureau to oversee the reorganization process; List of facilities that China...
- Petrochemicals industry heading for consolidation. Desai, Prof. Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p114
Reports that the petrochemicals industry in India is heading for a phase of consolidation and restructuring. Creation of synergetic alliances between industry leaders across all sectors; Petrochemical projects cancelled in Asia; Capacity creation in India.
- Consolidation Helps European Firms Through the Downturn. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p25
Reports that consolidation has aided European petrochemical producers during the economic downturn in 2001. Factor that has driven much of the European consolidation; Ways merged companies can cut costs; Key advantages enjoyed by European producers. INSET: Restructuring Causes Disagreement...