- AkzoNobel Sets New Targets; Nears Food Starches Sale. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the range of operational targets announced by AkzoNobel designed to make the company more profitable and efficient following the recent divestment of its pharmaceutical business and acquisition of ICI. The targets include: an earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and...
- Untitled. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p26
The article focuses on the challenges involved in the planning and building of a chemical plant. It is stated that shortage of skilled manpower, spiraling materials costs and interfering bureaucracy are some of the problems faced by the industry. The article presents the views of executives from...
- SABIC shows times are tough. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;4/29/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 15, p9
The article reports on the job cuts at polymer and petrochemical producer Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), which leads the announcement of the same situation from other chemical companies in Europe. Chemicals and coatings firm Akzo Nobel NV reports on the long-term pressure caused by...
- Akzo Nobel to Build Coatings Plant in China. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the possible plans of Arnheim, the Netherlands-based Azko Nobel NV to build a non-stick coatings production facility in Southern China. Outline of working of the production facility; Expected start-up of production; Number of employees in the production facility.
- Akzo Nobel goes for global leadership. // Product Finishing;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p10
Reports the completion of Akzo Nobel on its post acquisition integration program of powder coatings. Improvement of the delivery of the novel powder coatings; Multiplicity of business and product brands; Emphasis of the functional markets of electrical insulation.
- Akzo Nobel moves part of rayon unit to Poland. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p24
Reports that one of Europe's producer of rayon textile fiber, Akzo Nobel has moved part of its operation to Poland in order to save on labor costs. Chosen location by Akzo Nobel; Analysis of labor costs in Poland and Germany.
- Akzo enters APG market. Fattah, Hassan // Chemical Week;9/18/96, Vol. 158 Issue 35, p41
Reports on Akzo Nobel's plans to build an alkyl polyglycoside surfactants plant in Stenungsund, Sweden. Growing popularity of alkyl polyglycoside surfactants; Annual production capacity of the facility.
- Akzo stresses benefits of Nobel deal. Jackson, Debbie // Chemical Week;1/5/94-1/12/94, Vol. 154 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the merger of Akzo and Nobel Industries into Akzo Nobel. Merged company as ninth-largest chemicals firm worldwide. Leadership in certain chemical products; Achievement of savings from economies of scale.
- Akzo Nobel develops cleanup process. // Chemical Week;3/2/94, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p8
Reports on Akzo Nobel's technology, called Macro Porous Polymer (MPP) Systems, for drawing dispersed hydrocarbon pollution in water. Use of porous polymer structures; Solution to various problems; Internal testing by company.