- Indianapolis company recalls toothpaste. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p30
The article reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based toothpaste supplier GilChrist & Soames has recalled toothpaste made in China because samples were contaminated with diethylene glycol. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, chronic exposure to diethylene glycol could cause...
- Local soapmaker to expand Fountain Square digs. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p15
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based Gilchrist and Soames, which makes luxury soaps and body care products for the hospitality industry, is expanding its warehouse facility in Indianapolis, Indiana. Amount of additional space; Increased demand for the company's products.
- Gilchrist & Soames enjoying sweet smell of success. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p21
The article reports on the success of hotel soap and shampoo producer Gilchrist and Soames in Plainfield, Indiana. It states that the company has hired about 20 additional employees since the company's expansion in Plainfield in August 2012 and plans to add 20 more in 2013. Among the clientele...
- Gilchrist & Soames. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/28/2013 Supplement, p6
Information on the Gilchrist & Soames BeeKind Bath Caddy Gift Set is presented.
- Suite Success. McElmurry, Tara // Indianapolis Monthly;Jul2011, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p20
The article focuses on the success of the Gilchrist & Soames, a manufacturer of toiletries with several fragrances including tangerine olive flower, floral fragrance, and green citrus fragrance for hotels around the world, which was founded in London in 1975 and moved to Indiana in 1998.
- Lead Fallout. Ecker, Keith // InsideCounsel;Oct2007, Vol. 17 Issue 191, p12
The article presents several pieces of legislation being considered by the U.S. Congress in the wake of the Chinese lead paint scandal that forced Mattel to recall millions of lead-contaminated toys. They include legislation that compels toymakers to imprint the batch number and manufacturing...
- Total recall for Mattel. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2007, Issue 796, p12
The article reports on the announcement by toy manufacturer Mattel that it will further recall 750,000 units of 11 different toys. The recall was prompted by high levels of lead found in the products. According to the article, exposure to lead can cause irreversible cognitive damage, cardiac...
- Just Asking. // Adweek;8/20/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 30, p72
The article lists responses from advertising and marketing executives on the subject of how toymaker Mattel can regain consumer trust after recalling dangerous toys made in China.
- Hubbard sells GilChrist & Soames. Hiekens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p45
The article reports that the Indianapolis, Indiana-based hotel toiletries maker, GilChrist and Soames, which was owned by Al Hubbard, has been sold to Swander Pace Capital for $51 million. According to the author, the deal is being financed by Allied Capital Corp. Hubbard is now director of the...