Europe sETS SIGHTS HIGH
- WHAT IS AUSTRALIA'S BIOFUEL FUTURE? Bell, Geoff; de Jong, Ed // EcoGeneration;Dec2016, Issue 97, p46
The article discusses the prospects for growth in biofuel production in Australia, and the use of biofuels in the transport sector in the European Union (EU).
- European News. // Management Services;Aug1994, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p20
This article presents various news from European business circle. One of them reports about OFTEL which is in the way of finalizing arrangements with the telephony service operators on British implementation of the Leased Lines Directive. Another one reports on EU's Consumer Affairs Council that...
- EU launches anti-trust raids in biofuel probe. // Energy Today (Hungary);10/10/2014, p4
The article reports on the launch of the European Union's anti-trust raids on suspected biofuel companies in 2014.
- Untitled. Horne, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;10/19/2012, Vol. 158 Issue 16, p31
The article reports that cooperative group Copa-Cogeca has warned that the European Union (EU) biofuel proposals could reduce the oilseed rape acreage of the community by more than two-thirds as EU favours the use of non-food crops in biofuel production from 2017.
- Controlling the Fulfillment of the EU Sustainability Criteria for Biofuels (on the basis of Directive 2009/28/EC). Part 2. Pavlovskaia, Evgenia // Renewable Energy Law & Policy Review;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p93
The article reflects on the mechanisms aimed to control the fulfillment of the EU sustainability criteria for biofuels, as they were promoted in Directive 2009/28/EC. The article contains the final results of the research initiated in the work Pavlovskaia, E. (2013) "Controlling the Fulfillment...
- Wildlife defence in Kenya. MUNGUTI, SERAH // New Internationalist;Jul2011, Issue 444, p28
The article discusses biofuel plantations in Kenya, how they relate to the European Union (EU) target of having 10% renewable energy, and how they affect wildlife and people in the Dakatcha Woodland.
- UK oilseed rape crop remains at threat from latest European biofuels plans. Mackenzie, Gemma // Farmers Weekly;4/26/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 17, p16
The article reports on the disclosure of the NFU that up to one-third of the British oilseed rape crop is under threat if the latest European Union (EU) biofuels proposals will be implemented.
- Biofuels in transport sector of Latvia: experience, current status and barriers. Smigins, R.; Shipkovs, P. // Latvian Journal of Physics & Technical Sciences;2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p32
During the last 10 years biofuel production and utilization in the European Union have become more extensive owing to support provided by the relevant EU Directives. Achievement of the main targets defined by Directives was not simple, being confronted with various barriers. Latvia is one of the...
- Low-carbon transport plan will boost car traffic. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jul2009, Issue 414, p41
The article examines plans by the Department of Transport (DfT) to reduce Great Britain's carbon dioxide emissions from domestic transport by 14% by 2022, compared with the current levels. The plan would involved the reduction of 17.7 million tons of carbon dioxide annually by limiting the...