China extends methylene chloride duties
- The much talked about issue of anti-dumping. Malhotra, O.P. // Chemical Business;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Comments on the issue of anti-dumping in the chemical industry in India. Processing time lag for levying anti-dumping duties; Indian Chemical Manufacturers' Association's call on the government to address the anti-dumping issue; Cost of fighting a dumping case.
- Unusual gains in PA due to Chinese duties. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 388, p28
Reports the price increase of phthalic anhydride in Asia, following the imposition of antidumping duties by the Chinese government in January 2003. Other factors that contributed to the increase.
- Demands for continued permanganate duties.... // Chemical Week;9/22/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p6
Reports on European Chemical Industry Council's demand to the European Commission for the maintenance of antidumping duties on Chinese potassium permanganate imports. Lapse of duties; Diversion of excess production to European community; Decline in European production volumes and capacity.
- China Slaps Dumping Duties on Two Products. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/19/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the antidumping duties imposed by the government of China on imports of trichloroethylene and chloroform from Japan and Russia as of January 2005. Exception to the antidumping duties; Application of the duties.
- Chemical makers fearing changes in dump cases. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/05/97, Vol. 251 Issue 18, p8
Reports that the European chemical industry is concerned that changes in the way the European Commission is judging antidumping cases will make it more vulnerable to unfairly priced imports. Criteria on imposing import duties; Analysis of the degree of competition among users of the products;...
- EU Probes Possible Evasion by U.S. Firms of Biodiesel Duties. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/16/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p14
The article reports on the investigation launched by the European Commission for the possible circumvention by U.S. biodiesel suppliers of European Union (EU) antidumping duties on biodiesel imports from the U.S. The probe is based on a request to the commission lodged by industry association...
- Bullish on biodiesel. Mirasol, Feliza // ICIS Chemical Business;5/11/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 19, p16
The article presents information on the prospects of Evonik Industries AG. The company expects demand to pick up and grow significantly in the coming years. The company opened the 60,000 tonne/year sodium methylate Mobile plant just eight months after breaking ground. U.S. biodiesel producers...
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p4
Presents updates on several issues confronting the international chemical industry, as of March 23, 2003. Information on the Timor Sea Treaty signed by Australia and East Timor; Decision of India to levy definitive antidumping duty on citric acid; Power outage at several petrochemical lines of...
- INDIAN SCENE. // Chemical Business;Jan2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p62
Presents updates on the chemicals industry in India, as of January 2002. Sales growth in the domestic dyes and specialty chemicals industry; Construction of the alcohol/ethanol plant of Padmashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Pati Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd.; Anti-dumping duty on imports of high...