- The Many Faces of the Gunnison. Fowler, Bill // Fly Fisherman;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p32
Features the acclaim of Gunnison as one of most complex and fascinating trout rivers in Colorado. Identification of the favorable season for breeding salmon; Celebration for the annual Green Drake hatch at the Gunnison; Description on the characteristics of salmon while on the river; Release of...
- KOKANEE, BC'S SILVER UNDERDOG. Shpeley, Trevor // BC Outdoors Sport Fishing & Outdoor Adventure;Spring2012, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p23
The article discusses techniques for catching Kokanee. It states that the Kokanee is delicious freshwater fish which are found along Alaska to Northern California and along Japan up to Siberia. It elaborates on the effect of water temperature and the seasonal changes on the Kokanee. The author...
- Discussion. // PICES Scientific Report;2012, Issue 41, p117
The article presents questions and answers regarding the soxkeye salmon in Fraser River in British Columbia including the effect of the marine environment to the conditions of the sockeye salmon, and the of the sockeye salmon distribution in the productivity of the said fish.
- KOKANEE ON THE ROCKS. Priegert, Portia // Beautiful British Columbia;Fall2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on the kokanee salmon shortage in British Columbia. Destruction of the creek-side habitat as a cause of the shortage; Efforts of scientists to increase the kokanee population; Impact of the fishery management on the salmon.
- Winter Trout Trolling Tactics. Kimble, David C. // BC Outdoors Sport Fishing & Outdoor Adventure;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p32
The author offers tips on catching winter trout in British Columbia. Kokanee is a common food for winter trout during the season so he suggests that anglers use a lure that looks like kokanee. He recommends Apex lures in black, black and purple, pearl, police car and watermelon because they work...
- ANGLERS' TOP THREE FAQS ABOUT FISH HEALTH. MEAD, SHERRY // BC Outdoors Sport Fishing & Outdoor Adventure;Summer2014, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to fishing including the cause of spinal deformities in fishes, the cause of the deaths of kokanee salmon in lakes, and the proper cooking of fish to eliminate parasitic worms.
- Coeur d'Alene Kokanee. Jackson, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Oct2009, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p114
The article presents information on fishing of kokanee, sockeye salmon in Northern Idaho. Recent monitoring by Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG) biologists has shown strong two-year and one-year kokanee age classes, proving the restrictions that closed the popular fall fishery over the...
- A Record Year In Dixie. Sutton, Keith // Southern Sporting Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article presents updates on fishing in the southern U.S. Angler Marion Rosa landed a cubera snapper weighing 124 pounds, 12 ounces, for a potential International Game Fish Association (IGFA) all-tackle world record. Mark Swann of Black Mountain reeled in his kokanee salmon record breaker on...
- Pair formation, pre-spawning waiting, and protandry in kokanee, Oncorhynchus nerka. Morbey, Yolanda E. // Behavioral Ecology & Sociobiology;Jul2003, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p127
The timing of arrival to breeding areas can have profound effects on reproductive success. Under some conditions (restricted breeding seasons and mating systems characterized by a longer period of mating among males than females), the maximization of mating opportunities by males theoretically...