- Somerfield to introduce family-oriented outlets. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);9/29/2004, p6
This article reports that Somerfield PLC is to offer a more personalised shopping experience by creating store formats targeting various customer profiles. It plans to open a series of stores, referred to internally as Family Local, to provide products and offers aimed at family shoppers....
- Somerfield to rename online service as 24-7. Jardine, Alexandra; Rosier, Ben // Marketing (00253650);7/8/1999, p10
Focuses on Somerfield's plan to rebrand the Flanagans home shopping service it bought in March 1999 as 24-7. Appointment of new media agency The Hub Communications to help establish its online identity; Creation of a complementary web site in Great Britain.
- Bakra batch gets the market going. // Estates Gazette;9/17/2005, Issue 537, p41
This article reports on several real property for sale in Great Britain as of September 17, 2005. They include Somerfield's headquarters valued at around Â£80 million and Sainbury's in Brighton form the major chunk of the Â£287 million Bakra portfolio. CIS is selling six offices and a...
- Somerfield hands ...3m `24-7' launch to McCann-Erickson. Campbell, Lisa // Campaign;09/03/99, Issue 35, p5
Reports on the selection of McCann-Erickson to handle the advertising campaign for home shopping service, Somerfield in Great Britain. Goal of the retailer to increase sales.
- Retailers embrace speech-based systems. // Frontline Solutions;Jun2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p51
Introduces the speech-based systems from Somerfield PLC in Great Britain. Usability of the software for warehousing and logistics operations; Way of improving productivity; Assessment on the efficiency of the performances of the retailers. INSET: Mobile Devices in Brief.
- Somerfield offers shoppers free goods. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);3/2/2000, p2
Reports on British retailer Somerfield's bid to boost flagging sales with a month-long promotion offering some customers their shopping free of charge. Mechanics of the promotion; Television and print campaign; Company's sales perforamnce in the 13 weeks to February 5, 2000.
- Somerfield trims own-label. // Food Manufacture;Sep2002, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p7
Reports the relaunching of Somerfield of its Basics own-label range from basic groceries to ice cream.
- Somerfield chooses ReCap carton. // Dairy Industries International;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on Somerfield's plans to pack all of its 1 liter packs of milk in Tetra Brik cartons with ReCap. Contact information.
- Somerfield in 1m pounds price-cut TV work. Brabbs, Cordelia // Marketing (00253650);2/15/2001, p4
Reports the advertising campaign of Somerfield supermarket called Megadeals in Great Britain. Replacement of the PriceCheck promotion by Megadeals; Amount of product discounts promised by the company; Features of the advertisement.