Millennium gift guide
- For Dear Old Dad. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb2010, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p47
The article lists several gifts for the modern dad including a skin care line, a watch and cuff links.
- Power to the Dome. // International Power Generation;Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
Highlights the Dome, a building that is being constructed to house London's millennium celebration, located at South bank of the River Thames. Features of the dome; Details on the electricity supply of the Dome.
- Countdown. Lehrer, Lucy // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;12/13/99, Vol. 68 Issue 12, following p8
Presents information on how people from around the world will celebrate the New Year 2000.
- Y2K challenges artists to shine. Lamb, Gregory M. // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/99, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p13
Notes the role of performing arts in year 2000 millennium celebrations.
- Y2K unleashes arts extravaganzas. Goodale, Gloria // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/99, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p16
Mentions year 2000 millennium events that are focusing on themes of community and diversity. INSET: Culture vultures--rev up those jets.
- This New Year's Eve, many won't party like it's 1999. Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/99, Vol. 92 Issue 18, p2
Discusses the cancellation of numerous millennium celebrations in light of consumer's failure to support various concerts because of family celebrations, fears over the year 2000 date conversion problem, and high priced events.
- 'Being there' at the millennial moment. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;12/23/99, Vol. 92 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the struggle of choosing how to celebrate the year 2000 millennium.
- New Life Fellowship holds New Year's celebration. // New York Amsterdam News;12/23/99, Vol. 90 Issue 52, p32
Reports on the New Life Fellowship's staging of its International New Year's Eve Celebration in New York, New York. Key events and ticket prices.
- Birth of A Century. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/1/2000, Issue 2, p14
Presents a photographic essay about year 2000 celebrations around the world. Chatham Islands, New Zealand; Sydney, New South Wales in Australia; Taipei, Taiwan; Bali, Indonesia; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Shanghai, China; Kanniyakumari, India; Vatican City; London, England; Robben Island, South...