Nokia plays the innovation game
- NOKIA FOCUSES TO CONNECT "NEXT BILLION" TO INTERNET. // LAN Product News;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p6
The article offers information on smart phone product lines from Nokia which it launches in an aim to connect people to the Internet through its updated Ovi services.
- More than a flash in the PAN. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2007, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
The article evaluates the Wibree, the new communications technology from Nokia Corp. and offers information on the special features, amenities, performance, application and advantages.
- GSM elements mesh. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // America's Network;8/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 16, p72
Reports that Nortel and Nokia has successfully demonstrated interworking between PCS 1900 switching and base station radio equipment. Proof of GSM's readiness for North American personal communication services (PCS). Verification of interoperability.
- Nokia Mobile Phones joins the U.S. PCS fray with software, data card, and add-on module. Moore, Mark // PC Week;9/18/95, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p48
Reports that Nokia Mobile Phones Inc. will announce several telecommunication systems products at the PCS '95 show in Orlando, Florida. Features; Product support; Applications; Contact information.
- Nokia ready for growth in telematics. // Automotive News Europe;10/25/99, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the plans of Finnish telecommunications equipment maker Nokia AB Oy to launch a second-generation telematics terminal unit for cars by the end of 2000. Prediction of Kalevi Kaartinen of Nokia Smart Traffic Products on telematic systems in cars; Technologies which Nokia's telematics...
- NOKIA INTRODUCES SMARTPHONE FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS. // Telephone IP News;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of the Nokia 9300 smartphone from Nokia in 2004. Key features; Product design; Target consumers; Company background.
- NOKIA OPENS ITS FIRST 3G MOBILE SERVICES DEVELOPMENT CENTER. // Telephone IP News;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p5
This article reports on the decision of Nokia to launch a number of programs to cultivate Taiwan's mobile services industry as it enters the era of 3G multimedia communication as of November 2005. Among the programs is the official opening of Nokia's 3G based Mobile Services Development Center....
- Beyond the WSIS script. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Dec2005, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on the expansion of village phone program addressed at the World Summit on the Information Society held in Tunis, Tunisia. Village phones which were initiated by Grameen Telecom company in Bangladesh, has piloted successfully in 2,800 villages in Uganda. Nokia Corp. was...
- More than money. Ken@Wieland // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, pS4
Focuses on the diversification and investment activities of telecommunication system vendors as of April 2005. Differences between traditional venture capitalists and venture vendors; Extent of a vendor's involvement in companies they invested in; Background on the business alliance between...