Going for a good deal
- Death-knell tolls for independence. Endacott, Steve // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/9/2005, Issue 2682, p15
Comments on the need for independent travel agents to carefully chose their airline operator partners in Great Britain. Importance of determining the risk management; Basis of cutting commission to independents; Identification of the legality of the supplementary charges.
- Specialized service just the ticket. Karp, Josh // Crain's Chicago Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 46, pSB6
Focuses on the relationship between airlines and travel agents in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of airline cost cutting efforts on the commissions gained by travel agents; Business struggles of travel agencies; Significance of customer satisfaction for the survival of travel agencies.
- How a travel agent can save you big bucks on air fares--part one. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/16/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p13
Provides information on how travel agents can help save money on air fares. Concept of code share partnerships; Disadvantages of code share partnerships; Problems encountered in calling airlines.
- Viator's new deal. Schaal, Dennis // Travel Weekly Australia;3/23/2007, Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the partnership between destination activities distributor, Viator and the Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC) to launch a strategy that will attract bookings of non-air products by travel agencies. Both Viator and ARC are controlled by major U.S. airlines and have launched the...
- Partnerships Enhance Retailer Operations. Young, Susan J. // Travel Agent;7/24/2006, Vol. 326 Issue 4, p34
The article reports that new technology partnerships are making it simpler for travel agents to access a wider range of airline and consolidator fares. Global Star Partner has partnered with AgentWare Inc. to use its Trip Console technology that will allow travel agents to access airline and...
- Airlines' Bid for Small Business Through Web Worries Agents. Jones, David // Travel Agent;05/21/2001, Vol. 304 Issue 3, p6
Details the establishment of Web-based partnerships between airlines and small business markets in the United States. Threat to traditional travel agents; Introduction of the RewardOne Travel Manager by Continental Airlines Inc.; Launch of the Mind Your Own Business Web site by Delta Air Lines Inc.
- Glasgow airport targets north England. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/19/2009, Issue 2871, p22
The article reports on the plan of Glasgow airport to engage into partnerships with travel agents in Cumbria, England. It reveals that the move aims to encourage travelers to take flights departing in Scotland rather than in Manchester or Newcastle which will enable them to save travel costs in...
- Somak expands out of its African stronghold. Uglow, Dan // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/30/2004, Issue 2625, p46
Reports on the collaboration between Somak Holidays and Excel Airways to create a new charter program for Sri Lanka and Middle East destinations. Expansion of the market presence to accommodate customer customers' desire; Establishment of standard in charter air travel; Improvement of the...
- CLASS WAR. Butler, Daniel // Accountancy;Oct96, Vol. 118 Issue 1238, p36
The article provides information on various approaches taken by airline companies to addressed the high cost operation of business class flights. Although business travel is highly profitable, airlines encountered some difficulties in this kind of business. In areas where business flights are...