Sony on road with cameras
- Y&R Bows Playful Spot for Sony. McMains, Andrew // Adweek Western Edition;02/01/99, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p57
Reports that Young & Rubicam Inc. will break a television advertisement for Sony Corporation's Discman during the Grammy Awards telecast on February 24, 1999. Value of Sony's account; Features of the television spot; Decline in the sales of Sony products.
- Sony Introduces Cyber-Shot Digital Camera. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
Introduces the cyber-shot digital camera from Sony. Features of the product; Advantages of the device; Accuracy of focus lock.
- Retailers take on digital music. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);3/25/2004, p15
Music downloading has become the new nirvana for brands wanting to target the elusive youth market and gain a slice of a potentially highly profitable sector. Coke launched mycokemusic.com in January, selling 50,000 tracks in its first week. Sony Corp. has finalised plans to roll out its Connect...
- HD-television restores Sony to glory. // Campaign;3/3/2006, Issue 9, p15
The article presents information about an advertising campaign for Sony Corp.'s Sony Bravia TV. Brand differentiation and premiumness in the television market have been in decline, with consumers taking advantage of cut-price competition. Sony, however, has managed to reassert its premium...
- SONY PROMOTES NETMD WALKMAN RANGE. // New Media Age;6/20/2002, p14
Reports on the sponsorship of MP3.com and AudioGalaxy.com by Sony to promote its NetMD Walkman range. Details of the advertising efforts of Sony for the NetMD range.
- Sony spins new Mini-Disc account. // Advertising Age;3/7/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p45
This article focuses on the creation of a pan-European advertising budget by Sony for its Mini-Disc product, as of March 1994. Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Ernst & Partners will handle advertising duties for the product.
- Mavica. Beardi, Cara // Advertising Age;6/26/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 27, ps2
Reports on the popularity of digital cameras made by Sony Corp. Efforts of Jay Sato to popularize digital cameras; Sato's realization of the importance of simplicity to camera consumers; Simplicity as the basis for the advertising campaign for Sony digital cameras; Success of Sony in the...
- Burnett picks up Sony handycam as Y&R drops out. Liu, Christy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/1/2005, p12
The article reports that consumer electronics giant Sony Corp. has handed its Handycam advertising account to Leo Burnett Co. Inc., replacing Y&R. Burnett Shanghai managing director Donald Chan said the agency was awarded the business after working with the consumer electronics company on its...
- Are your editors viewed as market authorities by the media? // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
Offers advice related to branding advertising. Distribution of brand information; Use of video cuts for promotion of brands; Problems of trade magazines on branding; Issues covered by trade magazines on the importance of brand advertising.