Amerdes calls in BECA bond
- Claims. // All Hands;Jul96, Issue 951, p2
Advises Navy personnel on the steps to take in order to receive additional compensation from insurance claims. Increase in maximum payment if the claim arose from an emergency evacuation or from extraordinary circumstances; Retroactive payment; Deadline for submission of claims for personnel...
- Combating the slip-and-fall suit can help keep costs down. Fleischer, Jo // Westchester County Business Journal;9/4/95, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p14
Focuses on law suits in insurance claims in the United States. Avoidance of lawsuits as the best way in keeping insurance rates stable; Percentages of result on claims against insurers; Roles of insurers in advising business owners.
- Cost of AIDS claims increases. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;8/14/95, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the increase in AIDS-related claims paid by group life and health insurers in the United States in 1994 according to a survey by the American Council of Life Insurance and the Health Insurance Association of America.
- The 2% solution. Banks, Brenda; Apte, Uday // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct97, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p51
Provides insights on how to minimize excessive loss payments for insurers or leakage through quality claims management. Definition of insurance leakage; Importance of achieving appropriate staffing level; Development of best claims practices; Use of appropriate performance measures; Components...
- OASDI benefits. // Social Security Bulletin;Jun90, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p21
Deals with the total amount of payment benefits given by Old-age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) program to its beneficiaries as of February 1990.
- Fear of future illness. Grebow, Arthur; Lees-Haley, Paul R. // CPCU Journal;Spring94, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p49
Presents the history of fear of future illness claims in insurance. Description of fear of future illness; Two distinct theories affecting fear of future illness claims; Recommended techniques for the defense against fear of future illness claims.
- Insurance claims for sprains and strains increase, even as the number of crashes declines... // CPCU Journal;Summer95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p127
Reports on the result of the study conducted by the Insurance Research Council on insurance claims between 1987 and 1992 in the United States. Decline of property damage claims; Increase of bodily injury claims; Contact information for copies of the report.
- INSURANCE. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;01/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p12
Summarizes the report on catastrophic insurance claims by the Society of Actuaries. Gender difference in health care claims; Total average charge for women of all ages; Ages with the highest percentage of claims.
- Fundamental questions for coverage--protocols of claim reporting/duty to defend. // Insurance Advocate;07/12/97, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p23
Looks at an article written by Paul L. Langer and published in `For the Defense' magazine which provided guidelines that insurance policyholders, insurers and their counsel can follow to avoid some of the problems associated with notice and duty to defend. Notice provision in a commercial...