FIND YOUR EMPLOYEE VOICE
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT. // People Management;1/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p30
Provides information on Suma, a British food distribution cooperative in Halifax. Function of the cooperative; Details of the human resource management practices of the cooperative; Information on employee participation in management decisions.
- Getting the Job Done. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p64
The article presents information on how professional associations can enhance career development of its affiliates. Chapters can play a key role in members' career development and thus improve satisfaction and increase recruitment. A career development committee composed of chapter members,...
- Management Services Resources in Local Government. // Management Services;Aug1976, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p43
A survey conducted by local authority management services and computer committee (LAMSAC) shows that work study is the most common management services function in local government, followed by personnel, training and management. Perhaps more surprising is the fact that 58 per cent of responding...
- Personal Connections. Atkinson, Ann L. // Facts & Findings;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p41
The article presents information on the critical role of personal connections in an organization. The author highlights several ideas from Mark Levin, lawyer and author, about how to get out ad campaign to keep members in an organization. The author suggests to consider Levin's advice as well as...
- AMA to help researchers boost professionalism. // Marketing News;9/12/88, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p1
No abstract available.
- MIND HOW YOU GROW. Williams, Christine // People Management;6/29/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p53
The article provides information on the continuing professional development (CPD) process offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. The CIPD has a strong interest in members' professional growth. The institute perceives the credibility of the human...
- Mentoring -- What's in it for you? Main, Beverley // Human Resources Magazine;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p28
In the article, the author discusses about career mentoring and the things it offers with the parties involved. She cites the pivotal role played by membership associations in the mentoring process. She claims that such associations see mentoring as a tool to enhance the quality of practitioners...
- New Year revelations. Megginson, David // People Management;1/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on continuing professional development, an integral part of the professional standards of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and a key to members maintaining individual chartered status. Initial step in embracing future professional development; Aspects in identifying...
- Rules of Volunteer Engagement. Mason, Michelle I. // Association Management;Oct2003, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p16
Comments on the work of volunteer that directly contribute to the association's purpose and goals. Factors in recruiting volunteers; Provision of opportunities for career development; Importance of recognizing the work of volunteers.