NOW WE ARE SIXTY
- ask our career coaches Q/A. Heldmann, Mary Lynne // Working Mother;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p46
The article presents questions and answers on managing different work styles between supervisors and employees and improving business responsibilities to achieve a promotion.
- AAMC's incoming chief seeks collaboration. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;1/9/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
The article focuses on the issues surrounding the election of Darrell Kirch as president of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). It lists the challenges facing the organization. It observes the relationship of the AAMC with the American Hospital Association and the American...
- A Coaching Approach For Work/Life Balance. Nixon-Witt, Cindy // Business & Economic Review;Jan-Mar2008, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p8
The article offers information about professional coaches, according to the International Coach Federation (ICF). It states that coaching is a partnership with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their potential. ICF stresses that coaches aim to...
- Join THE club: O' Brien loves rubber and Rubber Division. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;5/4/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p17
In this article, David O'Brien, a rubber chemist and member of the rubber division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) shares his experience of being associated with the ACS. He was also associated with the Southern Rubber Group. He has joined the group in 1989 and was named chairman of the...
- On the job. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;4/4/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p14
Presents the results of a Web-based survey on the least satisfying elements of life on the job for registered nurses in the U.S. conducted by the University of Kansas School of Nursing for the American Nurses Association. Most satisfying element of work for nurses; Percentage of registered...
- Get off the sidelines. Rohlwing, Kevin // Fleet Owner;Jan2007, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p56
The author looks into the benefits of industry group involvement in searching for solutions to problems concerning business issues and professional development. He stresses the significance of organizations in providing information and opportunities for career improvement. The author shares his...
- The 5 Steps to Telling Your Boss You're Bored. Olson, Lindsay // U.S. News Digital Weekly;2/27/2014, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p49
The article offers tips on how to be more fulfilled and satisfied at work. The steps include identifying career goals, thinking of solution, writing down the activities of a typical day, scheduling the conversation and being honest. One of the top reasons why people hate their jobs is the lack...
- Use PDSA Cycle To Manage Your Career. Brong, Jerry // Quality Progress;Jul2002, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p105
Focuses on the benefit of the plan-do-study-act (PDSA) cycle for career management. Importance of planning in crisis management; Impact of PDSA on career control; Importance of the study phase in career management.
- What It Takes To Be a Leader. Conklin, Joe // Quality Progress;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p83
Presents guide questions in assessing a quality career of an individual. Ability in communicating with people; Capacity of detecting an obstacle from an excuse; Tendency of favoring a loose of strict interpretation of rules.