- Here Comes the Sun. Lensch, Erik // South Carolina Business;Aug2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p5
The article presents the author's opinion on the advantages of using solar energy. According to the author, most solar panel systems will lower electricity bills anywhere from 20 to 50 percent for businesses and up to 75 percent for homes and it is environment friendly. He says that once a solar...
- Rooftop Revenue. Schoolman, Anya // Washington Monthly;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 44 Issue 7/8, p35
The article discusses the prospects of households making money off producing green energy from their rooftops. It notes that while money is to be made from producing solar energy, rules governing such are only for corporations and exclude individuals. It elaborates on the appeal of turning a...
- MEASUREMENTS AND THEORETICAL CALCULATIONS OF DIFFUSED RADIATION AND ATMOSPHERE LUCIDITY. Pelēce, Ilze; Iljins, Uldis; Ziemelis, Imants // Engineering for Rural Development - International Scientific Con;Jan2009, p219
Align with other environment - friendly renewable energy sources solar energy is widely used in the world. Also in Latvia solar collectors are used. However, in Latvia because of its geographical and climatic conditions there are some specific features in comparison with traditional solar energy...
- Green Jewels. // Retail Traffic;May2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p235
The article reports that upscale jewelry seller Tiffany & Co. joined the environmental sustainability movement in Parsippany, New Jersey. Aside from the movement, Tiffany conducted a ceremony to celebrate the deployment of 1.3 megawatts of solar energy at its two distribution centers. With the...
- Strange Bedfellows. Swanton, Mary // InsideCounsel;Apr2008, Vol. 18 Issue 197, p28
The article reports that several unions and environmental organizations are setting aside their differences in order to promote renewable energy and create new jobs and a stronger economy while improving the environment. Given as an example is the partnership of United Steelworkers Union (USW)...
- Report: E.ON plans to sell Spanish business. // Energy Today (Hungary);12/23/2013, p5
The article offers information on Germany-based utility company E.ON SE that has decided to close its operations in Spain where the company own coal plants and renewable assets of 4.3 gigawatt capacity and has 6,88,000 customers .
- E.ON bets on wind power for renewable profit surge. // Energy Today (Hungary);8/27/2014, p3
The article cites the optimism of German utility firm E.ON about the prospects of its renewable businesses in Europe and the U.S. in the near future, with further expansion being planned.
- E.On to spin off its fossil fuel business. // Modern Power Systems;Dec2014, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that the energy company, E.On, is splitting off its fossil and nuclear power generation businesses, upstream activities and trading activities to align its business with changing global energy markets that was driven by growth of renewables and technology innovation.
- solar hero. Masia, Seth // Solar Today;May2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
The article profiles the early and professional life of Marlene Brown. It notes that Brown has gained the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) Yellot Award in 1999 for her student work on fluorescent lamps. It notes that Brown teaches Solar Energy International (SEI) courses and solar...