- State labor legislation enacted in 1969. Mitchell, Ora G.; Sorenson, Clara T. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan70, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p48
Presents labor legislation enacted in the U.S. in 1969. Wage garnishment; Minimum wages; Labor-management relations among public employees; Occupational safety and health.
- The Mailbag. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Nov2010, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to U.S. labor laws which include minimum wage in Illinois, changes on child labor penalties, and U.S. Department of Homeland Security's rule on Form I-9 of employers.
- Labor Relations: Decisions of Courts and Administrative Agencies. // Labor Law Journal;Oct71, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p667
This article presents information on decisions awarded by several courts and other administrative agencies on cases related to industrial relations in the U.S., as of October 1, 1971. In the court case, Getman v. the U.S. National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the...
- A Brief History of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Nordlund, Willis J. // Labor Law Journal;Nov88, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p715
This article examines the major elements that impacted the enactment of U.S. the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA). It is an historical study that attempts to illuminate the feelings, attitudes, and conditions related to the initiation and administration of the law. The study focuses...
- Evolution of legislation. // Congressional Digest;Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p70
Presents the major statutes affecting the federal minimum wage in the United States (US). Includes the establishment of the Bureau of Labor under the US Department of the Interior; Passage of the Davis Bacon Act by Congress; Approval for additional amendments on the Fair Labor Standards Act;...
- Legislation. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov66, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p1274
Reports on a bill signed by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson to increase the federal minimum wage and extending its coverage to millions of workers. Estimate number of affected employees in various industries.
- Cleanfax Online Poll. // Cleanfax Magazine;Jul2014, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p52
A graph is provided that lists the number of readers who were affected by the federal minimum wage law in the U.S.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act: changes of four decades. Elder, Peyton K.; Miller, Heidi D. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul79, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p10
Discusses changes in the Fair Labor Standards Act of the U.S. Situations in which children could work legally; Principle of wage and hour protection; Procedures for setting minimum wages; Enforcement of the Equal Pay Act of 1963; Future role of the Act.
- You Do Want a Higher Minimum Wage. Raphael, Todd // Workforce (10928332);Jun2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p120
Examines issues surrounding the proposed minimum-wage increase in the United States. Opposition and support received by the proposal; Alternative actions suggested by opponents of the proposal; Impact of the proposal on employers.