Staff feel the Domino effect
- Life on $8.35 an Hour. DePrang, Emily // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Aug2012, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the effort of janitor Hernan Trujillo in joining protests organized by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) to increase the daily wage in Houston, Texas. It describes Trujillo's poor condition despite his multiple jobs and his challenges of supporting his...
- Worcester rally. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Jun2009, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the attendance of members of the Massachusetts Nurses Association at a May 2 I, 2009 labor rally in Worcester, Massachusetts. The rally, which featured members from several labor unions, was held to protest the Worcester Crowne Plaza Hotel's practice of hiring out of state...
- And Picketing Union May Safely File Unfair Practice Charges. // Labor Law Journal;May73, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p312
The article reports that the picketing union may safely file unfair labor practice charge that causes dismissal of the election petition to avoid invalidation of its activity in the United States. The labor union charged the contractor from whom it was seeking recognition with unlawfully aiding...
- AREA-STANDARDS PICKETING AND RELATED LOOPHOLES: A REEXAMINATION. Owen, William C. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jan70, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p248
This article aims to reexamine the U.S. National Labor Relations Board's interpretation of Section 8(b)(7) of the U.S. National Labor Relations Act. The section is aimed at limiting the practice of several forms of picketing considered as unfair labor practices. The author describes the Board's...
- Madison Ave cleaning workers protest over slashed wages, benefits. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;11/28/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 48, p10
The article reports on the protest of workers at APF Properties, a real estate investment firm, and infrastructure software provider Novell Services Group in New York City over the unfair labor practice charges by the companies.
- Ontario protests continue. Bickerton, Geoff // Canadian Dimension;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the protests actions of Canadian labor unions in Toronto, Ontario, on October 25 and 26, 1996. Civic groups involved in the protests; Comparison of the protests to the labor mobilization in 1976.
- Poultry workers hold picket line despite police attack. Courtice, Ben // Green Left Weekly;11/16/2011, Issue 903, p2
The article reports on the move of the National Union of Workers (NUW) members at Baiada Poultry to conduct a strike in Laverton, Western Australia (WA) on November 9, 2011.
- PERPETUALPROTEST. CUNNINGHAM, BENJAMIN // Prague Post;5/23/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 21, pA1
The article reports on the series of protests staged by trade unions in Czech Republic on May 22, 2012 as they oppose proposed changes to the pension system, rise in value-added tax and healthcare fees.
- Poles in anti-govt march, threaten strike. // Regional Today;
The article reports on the anti-government protest organized by Polish trade unions and attended by 100,000 people in Warsaw, Poland on September 14, 2013 to demand more jobs and higher salary.