B&Q Olympic scheme boosts morale
- Flexibility and perks sweeten the job pot. Rivkin, Victoria // Crain's New York Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p40
Discusses how part-time schedules with benefits help firms attract employees in the United States. Reasons why many businesses do not want to make an investment in part-time workers; Accommodation of employees who want control over their work schedule; Percentage of all working women who work...
- Let flexibility be your friend and reap the benefits in cost savings. McFadden, Pat // Personnel Today;4/21/2009, p28
The article offers the author's views on the British government's decision to extend the right to request flexible working to allow people with parental responsibility for children aged 16 and under to request flexible working. The author states that companies recognise that the cost of...
- Bouncing back. MARQUET, SARAH // Recruiter;Nov2014, p36
The article features Toni Cocozza, founder of the information technology (IT) recruitment company DP Connect and winner of the Most Effective Flexible Working Strategy at Recruiter magazine's Investing in Talent Awards 2014. Topics discussed include her motivation in putting up DP Connect, the...
- Time inducements for a superior workforce. Schonberger, Richard J. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring74, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p23
Deals with the offering of flexible working hours by companies in the United States to attract and retain outstanding workers. Part-time employment; Application of the When Actually Employed Federal Civil Service designation; Impact of the assembly line on work hours.
- Investment plan approval saves B&Q Ireland. // Cabinet Maker;5/17/2013, Issue 5837, p8
The article focuses on the High Court approval received by the B&Q Ireland for the retention of their eight stores and more than 600 employees, and to exit examinership.
- Benefits: Gain a Competitive Edge with Offerings Employees Want. Messmer, Max // Strategic Finance;Nov2006, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p8
The article offers a look at how accounting businesses can attract potential employees using attractive benefits packages. Accountants can attract new employees and retain old employees by allowing greater flexibility in employee work schedules by allowing telecommuting options, job-sharing,...
- Flexible working. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;May/Jun99, Issue 15, p8
Cites studies indicating that flexible working practices are an effective means of improving staff retention and recruitment. Popularity of part-time working and flexitime; Percentage of employees hiring part time workers.
- Myths About Job Sharing. // T+D;Jul2007, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p14
The article outlines the five myths about job sharing. Job sharing is the most effective and underused flexibility option to retain workers, particularly women who are opting out of the workforce to raise families. However, there are false impressions concerning job sharing wherein the author...
- Job Sharing: Evidence from New Zealand. Hall, Elizabeth M. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun93, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p63
Discusses the results of a survey undertaken in Dunedin, New Zealand, which provide insights regarding the implementation of job sharing in the surveyed organizations. Predominance of job-share positions that are employer-initiated; Preponderance of newly established job-share positions;...