3G Chip Boosts Lucent, Motorola
- LUCENT LAUNCHES SMALL MODEM CHIP SET. // Modem Users News;Nov2000, p4
Focuses on the launching of a modem chip set containing Internet appliances by Lucent Technologies in the United States. Inclusion of a digital signal processor chip; Application of modem chips to operating systems; Cost effectiveness and specifications of the chip set; Company background.
- StarCore's Trickle-down Effect. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the StarCore digital signal processor (DSP) technology for cellular telephones from Motorola and Lucent. How Motorola and Lucent produce the StarCore SC110 DSP core; Advantages of the StarCore SC110 DSP core; Availability of SC110 development tools and documentation materials.
- Lucent, Motorola introduce new StarCore DSP. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p67
Introduces StarCore SC110 digital signal processor core, a product of the joint venture between Lucent Technologies Inc. and Motorola Inc. Design and features; Impact on consumers electronics and entry-level communications applications; Efforts to provide C complier capability in second and...
- Lucent, Motorola introduce DSP core. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the introduction of SC140 digital signal processor core by the Star-Core Technology Centre, a cooperative research and development venture between Lucent Technologies and Motorola Inc. Features and capabilities of the signal processor.
- Motorola, Lucent form DSP team. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;06/15/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2223, p1
Focuses on Motorola Inc. and Lucent Technologies Inc.'s formation of a joint development agreement for next-generation digital signal processor (DSP) technologies. Effort as part of Motorola's attempt to revitalize its DSP business; Benefits of the effort to both companies; Creation of a joint...
- Motorola audio chip does twice as much... // Electronics Weekly;1/22/2003, Issue 2083, p17
Introduces the DSP56371, an audio digital signal processor from Motorola Inc. Target applications of the chip; Features of the chip.
- Motorola's DSPs Bridge MCU Gap. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;04/23/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the launching by Motorola Inc. of the 56F826 and 56F827 chips that combine microcontroller functionality with digital signal processing performance. Applications of the chips; Information on Motorola's 56800 chip series; Comparison of the products.
- Lucent, Motorola collaborate on DSP core. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p23
Reports on the announcement made by Lucent Technologies Inc. and Motorola Inc. through their StarCore Joint Design Center of the availability of a digital signal processor (DSP) core optimized for next-generation wireless systems. Background information on the StarCore Joint Design Center;...
- Star*Core's first joint DSP architecture previewed at forum. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;10/22/98, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p21
Features the Star*Core 400, a highly scalable digital-signal-processor architecture, created as a result of the joint DSP architecture development work between Lucent Technologies' Microelectronics Group and Motorola's Semiconductor Sector. Comparison with current types; Features and...