Prepaid Paging A No-strings Gift
- An early start. Dimeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;8/15/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p13
Reports on SkyTel Corp.'s entry in Puerto Rico with the start of business operations planned in September 1996. Estimated number of paging units serviced by firm; Revenues generated in 1995; Competition with other paging companies; Launch of advertising blitz prior to opening date.
- Residuals key to SkyTel master-agent program. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p29
Focuses on SkyTel Corp.'s master-agent program in the paging industry. SkyTel's deal with Leavitt Communications as its first master agent; Similarities of the program with SkyTel's high-volume retailer program; Sharing of revenues under the master-agent program.
- The sky's the limit. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the entry of paging company SkyTel Corp. into Puerto Rico in November 1996. Establishment of office at Plaza Las Americas Tower; Estimated number of paging units serviced by firm in different countries; Prospects for growth of paging industry; Range of paging and messaging services...
- Perilous crossing. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;9/11/95, Vol. 12 Issue 36, pA1
Reports on SkyTel Corp.'s plan to introduce the first commercial two-way paging service. Advantages of two-way paging; Comments of Gary Hermansen of Wireless Access Inc.; Forecasted adoption rates for the service.
- SkyTel showers $10 million on brand. Greim, Lisa // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Oct95, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on SkyTel Corp.'s launch of a marketing campaign designed to promote its SkyTel 2-Way narrowband paging system in September 1995. Advertising budget; Features of the paging system; Service areas; Description of the ad campaign; Telecommunications companies that are preparing to enter...
- Flying High Once Again? Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increase in the subscriber base of paging carriers in the United States in 2000 due to the two-way messaging services of these companies. Year-end goal of WebLink Wireless for its two-way subscriber net; Opinion on the Motorola T900 device; Two-way devices Metrocall Inc. expected...
- Weblink going retail with 2-way messaging sales. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
Informs that WebLink Wireless (formerly PageMart) will bring two-way messaging and wireless data to high-volume retail channels with the launch of the service in January 2000. Service costs; Delivery of e-mail and information on demand to carrier's two-way devices; Two-way pager available...
- MCI pages SkyTel, PageNet for alliance. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;1/9/95, Vol. 228 Issue 2, p1
Reports on MCI's national paging venture with SkyTel and PageNet. MCI's plans to be a wireless provider; Terms of agreement; Resumption of bidding in the broadband PCS auction.
- Carrier-retailer relations changing in paging. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p29
Illustrates changes in the relationship between carriers and retailers in the paging sector as reflected in Metrocall Inc. and SkyTel Corp.'s business strategies. Plans of the carriers to limit exposure to excess inventory and speed the flow of products to retailers; Skytel's partnership with...