Firms Tout Business Case For IP Networks
- Vodafone UK, Nortel plan network trial. // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p21
Focuses on Vodafone UK and Nortel Networks' plan to conduct a trial of wideband CDMA third-generation wireless radio and Internet Protocol network technologies in early 2000 in London, England.
- Nortel sends a signal. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;10/25/99, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p52
Focuses on the telecommunication standard for Internet Protocol (IP) networks developed by Nortel Networks. Problems with IP networks; Signaling gateway developed by Nortel; Ability of a universal signaling point (USP) that qualifies it toward true SS7-IP integration. INSET: Briefly.
- Nortel opens up routing code...again. Duffy, Jim // Network World;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p153
Focuses on Nortel Networks' licensing of a routing code called Open IP Environment in its bid to make Internet access affordable to users in the United States. Routing protocol included in the code; Small companies that have licensed routing code to other firms; Customers' criterion for...
- Nortel extends VolP to teleworkers. Kistner, Toni // Network World;3/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the development of voice-over-Internet protocol products built specifically for enterprise teleworkers by the Nortel. Backup to the IP connection; Features of the Remote Office 9110 and 9115; Cost per user.
- Nortel ups VOIP ante. Ittner, Rebecca // America's Network;08/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 15, p45
Reports on Nortel Communications Systems Inc.'s release of IPConnect, a suite of carrier-class voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) gateways. Technology for tapping the capabilities of service providers' embedded Nortel switches; Parts of the applications; Members of the IPConnect family.
- Nortel enhances its Open IP. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;05/29/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p12
Reports the plan of Nortel Networks to launch an enhanced version of its Open IP Environment routing software. Features of the software; Benefits of the software; Remarks on the software.
- Corporate WAP. Golden, Paul // Global Telephony;Mar2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p12
Reports the development of wireless application protocol (WAP) delivery to corporate customers by Vodafone in Europe. Benefits of wireless connectivity for employees; Ability to pull down database information, customer profiles and order forms from WAP device; Protection from unauthorized...
- Migrating to IP. Harter, Betsy // Global Telephony;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the contract awarded by Cable & Wireless Communications Inc. to Nortel Networks Corp. to plan, design, implement and operate a voice over Internet protocol network. Terms of the contract; Use of Nortel's Succession Solutions.
- Market top-heavy for WDM/optical networks in North America, research shows. Richards, Kathleen // Lightwave;Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p21
Predicts the increase in purchases of dense wave-length division multiplexing equipment in North America in 2002. Increase in demand for Synchronous Optical Network equipment; Market share gain by Nortel Networks in 1998.