- BITS. // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p20
Presents updates related to wireless service providers as of November 11, 2001. Partnership between AT&T Wireless and SingleTap for the Wireless Mobile Connection Download Center of AT&T for its Pocket personal computer devices; Commercial availability for the intelligent asymmetric radio...
- 3G Gets Helping Hand from AT&T, Verizon. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;8/2/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 31, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan of AT&T Wireless with Nortel Networks to implement third-generation (3G) cellular service in U.S. cities following announcement of similar plans by Verizon. Features of the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System wireless networks to be launched by AT&T; Difficulties...
- Carriers' plans are up in the airwaves. Rendleman, John; Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;07/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p15
Discusses the strategies of several telecommunications carriers for deploying fixed wireless data services. Plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to launch fixed wireless services in four United States cities in December 2000; Rural fixed wireless trial of Western Wireless Corp. and Nortel...
- AT&T Snub Hurts Ericsson Market Share. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p14
Deals with the decision of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to replace Ericsson equipment in its New York, New York market with gear from Lucent Technologies Inc. and shift business in other markets to competitor Nortel Networks. Reason for the decision of AT&T; Ericsson's comment on the problem of...
- Significant wins don't translate to new spending. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p4
Assesses the wireless communication infrastructure spending in the U.S. Agreements of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. with Nortel Networks Ltd. and Ericsson for wireless-code division multiple access; Key factor contributing to infrastructure spending; Remarks from Eric Updyke of AT&T Wireless...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p10
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless communications industry. Information on the enhanced directory assistance services to be delivered by Infonxx to Alaska DigiTel; Move of U.S. Cellular to use the gear of Nortel Networks to upgrade networks acquired in the spectrum swap with AT&T...
- AT&T could add third equipment vendor. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p2
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s plan to contract with Nortel Networks as an additional supplier of time division multiple access equipment.
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.
- AT&T Clips Angel's Wings. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Announces the decision of AT&T Wireless to close its Digital Broadband wireless offering. Reason underlying the decision; Brief information on the wireless offering; Implications of the decision to the wireless industry.