Fat IPO In Palm's Hands
- Handheld battles heat up. Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Nov99, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on 3Com's September 1999 announcement of the spin off of its handheld computing division, Palm Computing, with an initial public offering planned on Nasdaq early in 2000. Percentage of shares to be traded in the United States-based stock exchange; Impetus for the move; Speculations over...
- Motorola, AOL and nokia take stake in palm. Gilroy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p146
Focuses on 3Com's plan to spin off its Palm Computing subsidiary. Key investors in the initial public offering of Palm Inc.; Anticipation of the merger of the cellular phone and organizer markets.
- 3Com spins off Palm Computing division. Cox, John // Network World;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p19
Reports on 3Com's spinoff of its Palm Computing division. Details of the corporate divestiture; Impact on Palm Computing's ability to compete with Microsoft's Windows CE operating system division. INSET: Briefs..
- Palm spinoff to focus on services, OS licensing. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p14
Reports on the spinoff of 3Com Corp.'s Palm Computing division. Focus on services and operating system licensing.
- 3Com spins off Palm Computing division. // InfoWorld;09/20/99, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p22
Unveils the plan of 3Com to spin off its Palm Computing subsidiary and take it public in 2000. Information on the subsidiary.
- 3Com splits off Palm. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;09/20/99, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p29
Focuses on the decision of 3Com Corp. to spin off its Palm Computing subsidiary into a separate, public company. Rumors that arise after the spin off; Innovations that will be supported by Palm.
- Palm IPO Hits Market Big. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on the results of the initial public offering of 3Com Corp.'s interest in Palm Computing Inc. Price range of the offering; Amount of money raised.
- 3Com Distributes Remaining Palm Shares. // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p8
Announces that 3Com Corp. has distributed the remaining Palm Inc. shares to its shareholders for the completion of its spinoff. Amount of shares distributed; Stock price trading of Palm and 3Com on the market.
- 3COM tries to solve its palm problem. Roth, Daniel // Fortune;10/11/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p167
Discusses the spinoff of the Palm division from 3Com. Effect of competition from the Handspring Visor; Details of the spinoff; Comparison of the Palm Pilot and the Visor; Discussion of the effect of the spinoff on 3Com. INSET: Hearts of Palm.