PCS Outspends Cellular
- IN THE REAL WORLD WITH A DIGITAL CELL PHONE. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;07/31/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 31, p8
Presents an article about an experience in using a digital personal communication service system cell phone in a journey from Maryland to Silicon Valley, California. Problems encountered with the digital cell phone; Comparison with an analog phone.
- TIA publishes cellular standard. // RCR;08/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p32
Presents information on Interim Standard-727, or `TDDMA Cellular/PCS--Radio Interface Minimum Performance Standards for Discontinuous Transmission Operation of Mobile Station,' a performance guideline for cellular time Division Multiple access and personal communications services networks,...
- Games vital to French phone users. // New Media Age;6/10/2004, p13
This article reports on the importance of games to French mobile users based on a survey from In-Fusio. The survey also revealed that 87% of users were aware a game was included when purchasing their phones. Female gamers are the most regular customers of mobile games, but are not sufficiently...
- Power is Key to 3G Wireless. Heacock, David // Electronic News;08/07/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 32, p28
Comments on the need to address key technologies to ensure the practical functionality of the third-generation wireless cellular radio. Concerns over power management; Information on battery charging; Changes taking place in the size of the battery and power supply.
- THE V60P PUSH TO TALK PHONE. // Ebony;Dec2003, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p170
Evaluates the Motorola V60P cellular telephone from Verizon Wireless. Features of V60P; Price.
- TIA publishes cellular standard. // RCR;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p41
Reports on the publishing of a standard for cellular telephones by the Telecommunications Industry Association called the `Recommended Minimum Performance Standards for Base Stations Supporting Dual-Mode Spread Spectrum Cellular Mobile Stations'. Terms of the standard.
- TIA: PCS callers use phone more than cellular counterparts. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the findings in Telecommunications Industry Association's (TIA) `1999 MultiMedia Telecommunications Market Review and Forecast' report. Greater use of phones by personal communications services (PCS) subscribers than cellular subscribers; Increase in spending on PCS services in 1998;...
- Gaming under the Scope. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/20/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the strategies of the cellular telephone services industry to improve their mobile game offerings and attract subscribers in the U.S. Impact of Game Lobby, a mobile gaming community launched by Sprint in March 2004, on the success of its mobile game business; Challenges facing...
- OPERATORS CHOOSE MAG 6 TO SUPPORT WAP 2 SERVICES/HANDSETS. // Telephone IP News;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports on the number of mobile operators that have committed to deploy Openwave Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) Version 6 in 2003, according to Openwave Systems Inc. Features of Openwave MAG; Statement issued by David Hose, vice-president and general manager of infrastructure group for Openwave;...