Winstar Snags Big-time Investors
- No Cause For Alarm... Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p1
Reports that Microsoft Corp. has made an investment in Winstar Communications Inc. Total amount of the investment; Deal between Microsoft and Ericsson; Information on Microsoft's other deals.
- European Analysts Dismiss WinStar Deal. C.J.C. // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p1
Elaborates on the doubts of bond analysts in Europe on the 2 billion dollar junk deal of American issuer, WinStar Communications. Reasons behind the expected poor performance; Plan of the company to expand in Europe; Upgrade of company corporate credit to B and senior unsecured issues to...
- Wireless Cos. poised to fall in secondary ... // High Yield Report;03/08/99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Reports that Teligent, Winstar Communications and Advanced Radio Telecom were named by a wireless industry analyst as companies in the United States, that investors should be wary of in the next two quarters of 1999. Competing wireline companies laying fiber optic cables for businesses;...
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p12
Presents update on telecommunication industry in June 1999. McLeod USA's intent to acquire Access Communications Inc. and SJ Investments Inc.; Crescent Real Estate Equities Company's selection of WinStar Communications to provide high-speed communications capabilities; Interconnection agreement...
- Reclassified junk deal scrambles entire league table. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/17/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the impact of the high-yield bond offering by Winstar Communications Inc. on capital markets and on investment firms in the United States. Reclassification of the deal as an exchange offering by Thomson Financial Securities Data; Changes in the league tables due to the...
- WinStar provides more LNP. // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p92
Reports that WinStar Communications has introduced local number portability to customers in several American states.
- WINSTAR NABS MORE SPECTRUM. // Telephony;12/01/97, Vol. 233 Issue 22, p28
Reports that WinStar Communications Inc. has acquired more licenses from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission that will allow the carrier to boost its market presence in various cities in the U.S.
- WinStar Hits The Road for Financing. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the loan offering launched by WinStar Communications Inc. in March 2000. Objective of the offering; Lead arranger, syndication and documentation agents; Amount and maturity; Initial pricing on the pro-rata pieces.
- Bankers Increase Pricing on Winstar. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;04/03/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the increase in the pricing of the credit facility of Winstar Communications Inc. in March 2000 after it decided to reduce some of its high yield bond offerings. Factor that led to Winstar's decision to reduce the bond issue; Purpose of Winstar's negotiation with lenders; Standard &...