NextWave Gains $1.6B Investment
- NextWave gets early holiday gift. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Reports that NextWave Telecom Inc. has received financial backing to allow the company to pay its bid for personal communications service licenses in 1996 to the United States government. Global Crossing Ltd. and Liberty Medial Corp as among the companies that have made equity investments in...
- NextWave Hearing Canceled. // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the postponement of the federal bankruptcy court hearing on the reorganization plan of NextWave Telecom Inc. Reason for the postponement; Launching of the next-generation network by the company; Schedule for the hearing.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;12/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the modification of the financial details of NextWave Telecom Incorporated's bankruptcy reorganization plan. Benefits of the modification to the company; Revenue projections offered by NextWave for its network buildouts; Third joint plan of reorganization filed by NextWave with the...
- NextWave, soon out of bankruptcy, to build in Vegas, N.Y. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p21
Reports the approval of the reorganization plan of NextWave Telecommunications Inc. Plans of the company for its network; History of the company's bankruptcy; Sale of its PCS licenses to Cingular Wireless LLC.
- NextWave moves to auction New York. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the proposal of NextWave Telecom Inc. to auction its 10-megahertz spectrum licenses. Reasons behind the auction proposal; Markets listed in the auction proposal; Remarks from Roger Entner, program manager of wireless and mobile services at the Yankee Group, on the auction proposal of...
- Investing For The Long Haul. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the decision of BFD Capital to invest in NextWave Telecom Inc. Value of the investment; Terms of the investment package; Information on a lawsuit filed by NextWave against the United States Federal Communications Commission after the agency reclaimed and re-auctioned the company's...
- What about loyalty? Ford, Tracy // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the companies using the resale strategy in the United States. Global Crossing Ltd.'s bid for US West Inc.; Ruling received by NextWave Telecom Inc.
- NextWave Moves Forward With Financing. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the funds raised by NextWave Telecom Inc. to support its bid to build a third generation wireless network in the United States. Terms of the financing agreement signed by NextWave with four investment firms; Concerns of equity analysts over the wireless strategy of the company;...
- Hot Off The Presses. // Inter@ctive Week;12/20/99, Vol. 6 Issue 52, p12
Presents news briefs on telecommunication-related issues in the United States as of December 1999. Antitrust investigation faced by Microsoft Corp. in Europe; Investors that saved NextWave Telecom from bankruptcy; Verdict on the child pornography charges filed against Patrick Naughton, former...