No Cause For Alarm
- Winstar Snags Big-time Investors. // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p8
Focuses on the investments made by Microsoft Corp. and several leading investment firms in Winstar Communications Inc. Total amount of Microsoft's investment; Benefit of the deal to Winstar; Price of Winstar's shares; Information on other investment deals.
- European Analysts Dismiss WinStar Deal. C.J.C. // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p1
Elaborates on the doubts of bond analysts in Europe on the 2 billion dollar junk deal of American issuer, WinStar Communications. Reasons behind the expected poor performance; Plan of the company to expand in Europe; Upgrade of company corporate credit to B and senior unsecured issues to...
- Yet Another Partner For Microsoft. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p1
Announces the agreement of Microsoft Corp. and Ericsson to form a company based in Sweden to deliver mobile electronic-mail solutions to wireless carriers. What product of Microsoft will be integrated in Ericsson handsets; Focus of the joint venture; Views on the partnership.
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Carden, Lance // Christian Science Monitor;12/9/99, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p24
Relates financial and business news for December 1999 including a joint venture between Microsoft Corp. and Ericsson and other news.
- SnapTrack Inks Microsoft Deal. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p1
Reports on a deal Microsoft Corp. and SnapTrack Inc. Information on the Personal Location Technology services of SnapTrack; Aim of Ericsson in incorporating its Mobile Explorer into Microsoft; Importance of the Microsoft agreement to SnapTrack.
- Venturing into wireless. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;12/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p3
Provides an overview on Microsoft Corp.'s partnership with Ericsson Inc. to deliver wireless e-mail and Internet service for network operators. Plans of using Microsoft's Exchange Server and Ericsson's wireless infrastructure products; Support for Bluetooth, Universal Plug and Play and Wireless...
- Reclassified junk deal scrambles entire league table. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/17/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the impact of the high-yield bond offering by Winstar Communications Inc. on capital markets and on investment firms in the United States. Reclassification of the deal as an exchange offering by Thomson Financial Securities Data; Changes in the league tables due to the...
- Wireless Cos. poised to fall in secondary ... // High Yield Report;03/08/99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Reports that Teligent, Winstar Communications and Advanced Radio Telecom were named by a wireless industry analyst as companies in the United States, that investors should be wary of in the next two quarters of 1999. Competing wireline companies laying fiber optic cables for businesses;...
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p12
Presents update on telecommunication industry in June 1999. McLeod USA's intent to acquire Access Communications Inc. and SJ Investments Inc.; Crescent Real Estate Equities Company's selection of WinStar Communications to provide high-speed communications capabilities; Interconnection agreement...