Long-Term FPA Membership Reaps Rewards
- Some of All Fears. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p141
Discusses the issues and concerns about the commitment of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to certified Financial planners and the financial planning profession. Proposed membership categories for FPA; Merger between Institute of Certified Financial Planners and the International...
- A diverse bunch. // BRW;9/6/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p16
The article reports on the results of the latest member survey by the Financial Planning Association of Australia. Fifty-seven percent of the members think that the organization has improved in the previous year, but 40 percent believe there was no progress. Three percent claim that the...
- The FPA's Dilemma. VERES, BOB // Financial Planning;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p39
The article discusses the author's views on the membership-related dilemma faced by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S. He cites the reality in trade organizations that open its membership doors to anybody without regard to behaviors of new members. The author believes that the...
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Financial Planners Against Restraint of Trade. Brock, Henry S. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p192
Criticizes the support of the Financial Planning Association to make the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) an official designation for financial planners. Motives of the financial industry in demanding for regulation; Problems with the CFP education.
- Thank you for being a part of the Heart of Financial Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2008 Solutions, p29
The article presents a list of individuals who have been members of the Financial Planning Association for 35 years, including Gerald S. Adelman, James P. Ambrose Jr., and Carlyle D. Apple.
- Planners set to launch mortgage broking push. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;1/27/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the possible increase in the number of Financial Planning Association (FPA) licensee members who provide mortgage broking services due to the changes to the National Credit Consumer Protection Act in Australia.