The Challenge: Quality Client Communication
- Northcote Parkinson. Colebatch, Hal // IPA Review;1993, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p45
Features Professor C. Northcote Parkinson and his achievements. Parkinson's Law on public administration; Biographies and geopolitical essays written by Parkinson. INSET: Untitled (quotes from C. Northcote Parkinson)..
- C. Northcote Parkinson: An appreciation. Train, John // American Spectator;Jun93, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p56
Pays tribute to Professor C. Northcote Parkinson, whose sixty some odd books include `Parkinson's Law,' `Mrs. Parkinson's Law,' and `The Law and the Profits.' Examples of Parkinson's laws; His rule, `Don't take yourself too seriously.'
- C. Northcote Parkinson, R I P. Brimelow, Peter // National Review;4/12/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p19
The article presents an obituary for British naval historian C. Northcote Parkinson, a professor at the University of Malaya in 1955.
- 7 Steps to Facilitate Exquisite Listening. Klontz, Bradley T.; Klontz, Ted // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2016, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p24
The article discusses several important issues that financial planners should consider when facilitating exquisite listening. Topics covered include the Latin origins of the word "exquisite," the tendency of the exquisite listener to seek clarification and expansion frequently, and the seven...
- 5 Steps to Improve Client Communication. Case, Ingrid // Financial-planning.com;9/22/2014, p5
The article suggests five steps financial advisors and planners can take to improve client communication. Strategies recommended include asking for client feedback, keeping the conversation relevant and interactive, and involving the client in setting the agenda during a meeting. Also outlined...
- The Rise And Fossilization Of Socialism. Parkinson, C. Northcote // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/15/70, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p149
Presents the text of a speech given by author C. Northcote Parkinson on October 14, 1970, which deals with socialism in Europe.
- Laws to Live With: 1. Parkinson's Law of Delay. Coyle, Darcy C. // Management Review;Jun71, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p41
Comments on the application of the Parkinson's Law of Delay in an organization, as discussed in the book 'The Law of Delay: Interviews and Outviews,' by C. Northcoke Parkinson. Use of statistics to show the continued growth of British bureaucracy; Ranking of best-administered countries.
- Laws to Live With: 2. Administrative Negativism. // Management Review;Jun71, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p43
Comments on the rise of Coyle's administrative negativism philosophy (CAN) in organizations, as discussed in the book 'The Law of Delay: Interviews and Outviews,' by C. Northcoke Parkinson. Applications of CAN in the academic sector; Dominance of negativist activity on the lower levels of...
- C. Northcote Parkinson, R.I.P. // Ardell Wellness Report;Spring93, Issue 31, p1
Dedicates a cartoon to C. Northcote Parkinson, professor and wellness promoter, who died at 83. Quotation from the professor.