Paving the Way
- Take Action, Urges CFP. // Practical Accountant;Jul2003 Supplement, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards is urging the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to make sure that consumers will not be misled by brokers who act as investment advisors; Elimination of the special compensation prong of the current definition; Focus on...
- A Bigger Stick. Mitchell, Donna // Financial Planning;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses the concerns arising from the authority granted to the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards to access private financial information of U.S. citizens in 2011. In March, the CFP requested the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to permit registered...
- CFP Gains Favor. D. B. // REP.;Nov2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, pS8
The article offers information on the advertising campaign preferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board), that helps in gaining favor among registered investment advisors (RIA) firms.
- pfp news. // Accounting Today;10/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p18
The article discusses the request of the Financial Planning Coalition for an extension of the financial standard of care to brokers and the recommendations of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards for the target date fund rules of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- US financial planner banned over Â£65m funds scheme. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/22/2012, p16
The article informs that James Putman, founder and former chief executive of Wisconsin based firm Wealth Management, has been banned by the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards for allegedly accepting 794,000 pound in payments for recommending unregistered investment funds. It...
- CONCLUSIONS. // Investment Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p70
A continuing education quiz on financial advisors pre-reviewed by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board of Standards) is presented.
- CFP Board Unveils Online Career Center. Barney, Lee // Plan Advisor News;2015, p112
The article presents the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards' Career Center designed to serve those interested in a career as a financial planner and support employers and job seekers in the financial advisory industry.
- Investing Resolutions For 2013. Kivenko, Ken // Canadian MoneySaver;Feb2013, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p23
In this article, the author discusses the investment complexities and resolutions to tackle the situation in 2013. He suggests reading the Certified Financial Planner Board consumer guide available at http://www.asuupmmc.utah.edu/files/CFPBoard_Financial_Self Defense_Guide.pdf, for financial...
- Wanted: Holistic, Certified Planning. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p55
The article discusses the highlights of a 2013 survey released by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. on U.S. consumers' preference for financial advisers. Findings revealed that people are interested in advisers with a financial planning certification. More than two thirds want...