Mom the Money Mavenâ€¦
- ONE FOR THE AGES? Arnold, Mary Auestad // Credit Union Management;Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p6
The article presents information on some new financial planning products. Bank of America Corp. has introduced a strategy in which customers do not just pay themselves first, but nearly every time they use their debit cards. Every time a customer pays for something via Bank of America's Visa...
- Retirement Expectations May Be Too Ambitious. Kelly, Sara // Plan Advisor News;2013, p127
The article discusses the results of Ameriprise Financial's Retirement Check-In survey which showed that majority of Americans are not financially prepared for their dream retirement. It noted that respondents aged 50 to 70 plan to close a 250,000 U.S. dollars gap before they can retire...
- Talking Point. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;1/7/2010, p20
The article presents some points on how the youth can take charge of their finances and make extra money in 2010. It notes that an important idea to get through among young people is by not pressuring them on how to spend money or embarrass them if they cannot afford to buy things. According to...
- Peace of Mind for Moms in the Middle. Setzfand, Jean C. // Jackson Advocate;5/8/2014, Vol. 76 Issue 31, p9A
The article reports on the survey from financial services provider Ameriprise Financial Inc. indicating two thirds of Baby Boomer daughters aid their parents with financial issues.
- The Great American WEALTH TEST. Carter, Adrienne; Chatzky, Jean; Kurson, Ken; Wang, Penelope; Zweig, Jason // Money;Fall2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p61
Presents a questionnaire from 'MONEY' magazine to determine personal finance. Focus on the areas of planning, financial management, investing and protecting the future; Suggestions on improving your financial life.
- (REGIONAL FUNDING) Ameriprise Financial. // Children & Youth Funding Report;7/23/2010, p17
The article reports that the Ameriprise Financial Community Relations Program supports nonprofit organizations in the U.S. whose shared goal is to improve the lives of individuals from all walks of life. This program is committed to give back to company communities throughout the country....
- PFP BRIEFS. // Accounting Today;10/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p18
Presents news briefs related to personal financial planning in the U.S. as of October 2005. Relief being provided by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury and Labor Departments to employer-sponsored retirement plan participants affected by a major disaster; Information on a new...
- Are You Buying Her Too Much? // Daughters;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p4
Offers advice to mothers on how to teach their daughters money management skills. Disadvantages of indulgence, according to Ginger Applegarth, an authority on personal finance; Requiring daughters to manage a weekly allowance; Helping daughters understand the differences between wanting and...
- 6 smart: Money Moves. Christopher, Maura // Working Mother;Nov2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p66
Provides financial planning tips for working mothers in order to properly budget for their babies' needs. Review of mothers' health benefits; Classification of spending into categories such as entertainment, clothing, and restaurant meals; Emphasis on essential shopping items.