Earning extra service sales
- Untitled. // Automotive Marketing;Jun93, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p54
Describes the Lazy 8, an automobile parts supplier and service center in Sumner, Illinois. Lynn Ernst and his family as the owners; Inventory of parts for VWs and Audis; Marketing strategies; Adaptation of modern technology.
- Independents battle for market share, data. Kaufman, Ed // Automotive Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the decline in jobber store population in the United States. Factors affecting independent jobbers in the US; Increased interest of independent jobbers in marketing.
- Independent garages eye marketing program advantages. Kaufman, Edward // Automotive Marketing;Jul96, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p44
Features the marketing strategies of small automotive repair shops. Importance of image and reputation; Training of technicians; Reaching customers; Providing comfort for customers.
- Parts groups create programs for elite repair shops. Kaufman, Ed // Automotive Marketing;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the repair shop logo program of National Association of Performing Artists (NAPA) for independent shops. Purpose of the program; Why independent shops have been so slow to promote themselves; Statistics involving the number of auto shops who enrolled in the mechanical repair program...
- Chain stores in the automotive service business. Kaufman, Edward // Automotive Marketing;May97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p17
Highlights the facts why automotive service outlets is exiting from the business. Companies out from the service market; Data from Automotive Marketing's 1996 Aftermarket Chain Directory; Problems facing service operations.
- Poll: Techs want image overhaul. // Automotive News;10/2/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5625, p18
Reports that automobile service technicians want to change how the public perceives their image according to a survey conducted by Stanford University Press & Consulting Psychologists Press.
- Program seeks customer trust. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;10/2/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5625, p18
Reports on the Motorist Assurance Program sponsored by a coalition of independent repair shops to improve the image of automobile repair industry in the United States. Basis of repair recommendations; Third party arbitration to resolve disputes between shops and customers.
- Garage. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/96 Supplement Short Cuts, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p51
Presents a list of garage insurance companies in the United States.
- Used car dealer first in Utah to take advantage of 'Jump Start.'. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
This article reports that West Valley Auto Plaza has established one of the largest Meineke Car Care centers in Utah at a heavily discounted price after taking advantage of a Jump Start program by Driven Brands.