Hybrids take off
- Stop-start the key to hybrid benefits. Bunting, Alan // Motor Transport;2/1/2007, p21
The article focuses on the implications of the growing interest in battery enhanced engine power for commercial vehicles in Great Britain, the U.S. and Japan. It argues that the emissions and fuel-saving benefits of hybrids only become worthwhile under stop-start conditions. It cites the...
- Hybrids on the line. Mele, Jim // Ward's Auto World;Sep2005, Vol. 41 Issue 9, pvii
This article reports on the launch of hybrid trouble trucks in the U.S. in October 2005. The hybrid medium-duty trucks will be International 4300 chassis powered by a 215-horsepower version of the DT 466 diesel and an Eaton hybrid drive with a 44 kilowatt electric motor. In addition to powering...
- Long Way to Go. Kelley, Tom // Beverage World;3/15/2010, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p32
The article discusses a 2010 beverage fleet survey which showed a relative one-third increase in planned acquisitions from the previous year, which is however seen as insufficient for the 7 to 10 years replacement cycle. It is stated that plans to purchase lift trucks rose, that hybrid vehicles...
- Watch your mouth. Labbe, Martin // Fleet Owner;Mar2008, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p24
The article presents updates concerning the trucking industry in the U.S. The industry is anticipated to experience a decline in the second quarter of 2008 brought by the increasing demands of customers for hybrid vehicles which will be made available in 2009. A downfall in the Trucking Activity...
- An opportunity passed over. // Waste News;7/17/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that new engine and fuel regulations have increased the sale of 2006 model trucks. The prices of these trucks will go up by $7,000 to $10,000 in the coming year. Even though the sales will go up this year the truck makers fear that the demand will go down next year as many of...
- Denver fleet adds four Freightliner hybrids. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p170
The article reports that four Freightliner Business Class M2 106 Hybrid trucks have been added by the Denver Fleet Management Division as replacements for the older units that were part of the city's fleet of vehicles.
- Hybrid electric trucks to be tested. // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p94
Reports on progress of various manufacturers in developing hybrid electric trucks. Features of the hybrid electric concept vehicles developed by Navistar International Corp. in partnership with Lockheed Martin; Volvo's commercial tests of eco-friendly hybrid trucks.
- Hybrid future. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p37
Comments on the integration of the hybrid technology into trucks. Advantages of hybrid technology; Factors needed to be address for trucks to get the same benefits from the technology; Outlook for the hybrid trucks.
- Volvo attempts World speed record. // Motor Equipment News;Apr2012, p33
The article focuses on the attempt to be made by Mean Green, which is the fastest hybrid truck in the world, to go over 260 kilometers per hour on April 27, 2012 in Utah.