Cummins diversification strategy proves successful in first quarter
- Cummins reports 2nd-quarter profit surge. Adams, Brent // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p31
Highlights the financial performance of Columbus, Indiana-based engine manufacturer Cummins Inc. for the second quarter of 2004. Increase in profit; Earnings per share; Engine division sales.
- Cummins Third-Quarter Revenue Dips 11 Percent. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;10/31/2012, p14
The article reports that Cummins Inc. has posted third-quarter revenue of 4.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2012, down 11% during the same period a year ago. Revenues in North America rose 2% while revenues from foreign markets dropped 21%. Earnings before interest and taxes were 496 million U.S....
- SWOT Analysis. // Cummins, Inc. SWOT Analysis;January 2004, p5
Provides a business analysis of Cummins Inc., a global power leader that designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines, electric power generation systems and engine-related products, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats...
- Cummins grows through diversification. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on the increased revenue of the U.S.-based Cummins Inc. in 2008. The company's worldwide revenue is $8.2 billion despite a decline in commercial truck sales. This growth is attributed to its ongoing strategy of diversification into other engine markets. Through better...
- TOTAL OUTPUT, INCOME, AND SPENDING: CORPORATE PROFITS. // Economic Indicators;Aug2005, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p8
No abstract available.
- Criteria for profit control. Cowan, Tom // Accountancy;Mar1976, Vol. 87 Issue 991, p86
The article examines how a company in Great Britain can exercise profit control in spite of increasing governmental interference. Companies should recognize replacement costs in the prices of their inventories. They should also ensure that price adjustments are made promptly on any material...
- CUMMINS Reports Dynamic Quarter. // Off-Road Business;Dec2005, Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S.-based Cummins Inc. in the third quarter of 2005. The company generated $2.47 billion in sales. The engine segment experienced an 18% increase in income. Cummins also noted shipment gains in off-highway categories.
- Cummins sees a record year. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p28
The article reports on the business performance of Cummins Inc. According to company chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Tim Solso, the company is set to post record profits and growth in 2008. Target sales growth of the company in 2008 is twelve percent. In addition, Cummins announced...
- Despite 4Q profit, Navistar stays in the red. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the fourth-quarter profit posted by Navistar International Corp., truck maker in the U.S. as of December 2003. Influence of improvement in truck sales on the company's net income; Financial performance of the company.