GM to invest $100 million in engine plant
- Opel raises Meriva output to satisfy diesel demand. Soares de Oliveira, Paulo // Automotive News Europe;6/2/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the efforts of General Motors (GM) to increase the production of the Opel Meriva automobile at its plant in Zaragoza, Spain. Plans for the production of diesel engines for the Meriva; Estimated production capacity of the plant; Investment made by GM in improving the plant.
- GM pulls plug on Buick City; plans new engine plant in Flint. // Ward's Auto World;Dec97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p9
Reports about the closure of the Buick assembly plant of General Motors Corp. in 1999. Account on the company's investment in an engine plant in Flint; Where the production of Buick cars will be relocated.
- GM'S DRIVE FOR FLEXIBILITY. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Jun2004, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p54
Discusses the adoption of robotics at the automotive manufacturing facilities of General Motors Corp. in the U.S. in 2004. Objective of the move; Benefits of robotic fixtures and tooling; Multi-program investment for robotics.
- GM to invest $30M in Michigan plant. // Nashville Automotive Report;May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the move of General Motors Corp. which will invest more than 30 million dollar to boost the capabilities of a manufacturing plant in Pontiac, Michigan.
- GM plans capacity increase in India. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the plan of international car maker General Motors to increase its capacity in its plant in Gujarat, India by investing 100 million U.S. dollars in March 2011.
- GM Investing $445 Million in Thai Operations. // Assembly;Sep2008, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the $445 million investment made by General Motors Corp. (GM) to build a new engine plant and upgrade its existing vehicle assembly plant in Thailand. The facility will be the first diesel engine plant of GM in Southeast Asia and will manufacture environmentally friendly...
- GM to build new diesel at Ohio plant. Hannah, James // South Texas Automotive Report;Mar2008, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the plan of General Motors Corp. (GM) to invest $69 million for the building of its new diesel engine in Dayton, Ohio. The entry notes that the company's investment will help retain more than 1,000 jobs for its Dayton plant amid layoffs and buyouts in the automobile...
- GM plans to increase investment in Poland. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News Europe;07/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p16
Reports the plan of General Motors (GM) to increase its investments in Poland. Total sales of the GM Opel automobile in the country; Information on GM factory in Gliwice, Poland; Initial investment of GM in the country.
- Six appeal. // Wheels;Mar2003, p19
Reports on the investment being made by General Motors in its Willow Run, Michigan plant to make a six-speed transmission for rear-wheel-drive cars. Amount of the investment; Schedule of the start of production of the transmission.