Volvo plans to produce powertrains based on heavy-vehicle alternative fuels
- All-wheel-drive Volvo. Scott, David; McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Aug95, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on Volvo AB's all-wheel-drive car. Features of the car; Listed price.
- Volvo's 4WD foray. // Motor;May95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p18
Reports that Volvo's all wheel drive concept (AWDC) is the blueprint for a new production model that will be out in Europe before the end of 1995. Combination of a traction control system and a locking differential; Grip on slippery surface; Four-wheel drive system.
- Too many alternative fuels? // Motor Transport;10/11/2007, p8
The article talks about the importance of using alternative fuels for motor vehicles. Volvo's European president Claes Nilsson says alternative fuels and new driveline technology are vital if the industry is to become greener and more sustainable. Nilsson states that there were ten different...
- Triple-turbo Volvos on way. // Auto Express;10/15/2014, Issue 1341, p18
The article offers brief information on the four cylinder Drive-E petrol powertrain from Volvo, which are to be fitted in automobiles from Volvo.
- Fast-Growing Russian Market Slow to Regulate Emissions. Pope, Byron // Ward's Auto World;Nov2007, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p35
The article reports that Russia's automobile industry is taking little notice of new powertrain technologies and alternative fuels being embraced by global car companies, despite sales of more than 1 million vehicles in the first half of 2007. According to Chris Layce, executive director of...
- MR ED. // Motor;Dec2007, p9
The article reports on the Tokyo Motor Show in Tokyo, Japan in November 2007, that exhibited several electric vehicles. The automobile industry is aiming to manufacture automobiles that use alternate fuel, to save energy. It mentions various automobile manufacturers, including Nissan Motor Co....
- DESEL CAR BOOM ABOUT TO BUST. Williams, Glenda // Finweek;11/19/2015, p34
The article focuses on the dealership and efficiency of green cars or alternative-energy cars in the automotive industry. Topics include the choice for clean fuel diesel of vehicle owners, misconceptions and misperceptions on diesel vehicle emissions, and the popularity gained by hybrid and...
- Volvo confirms new three-pot powerplant. NEWTON, BRUCE // Autocar;8/20/2014, Vol. 281 Issue 6113, p21
The article reports on the planned development of a 1.5-litre three-cylinder Drive-E turbocharged engines by automobile manufacturer Volvo which were expected to play a significant role in the electrification of the company's powertrain line-up.
- Volvo's XE fuel package available on 16L. // Fleet Owner;Jun2012, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the XE16 fuel efficiency package by Volvo Trucks, that maximizes fuel economy and has been added to Volvo powertrains.