Trailer orders decline 3% in May 2007
- Newport predicts record 2012 first quarter orders. // Electro Optics;Apr2012, Issue 222, p6
The article previews laser manufacturer Newport's financial report for the first quarter of 2012 as it predicts record new orders for the period based on the receipt of a 36.7 million U.S. dollar order for ultrafast lasers, noting that the company posted sales of 545 million U.S. dollars in 2011.
- 2014 Truck, Trailer Sales Forecast to Be Modest. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;12/24/2013, p1
The article presents information on the business forecasts for the truck and trailer sales in the U.S. in 2014. It states that there are many competing forces that impact truck and trailer sales. However, all the forces end up balancing current truck production capacity and the expected growth...
- New trailers for City Link. // Motor Transport;6/14/2007, p8
The article reports that City Link has placed an order for 140 Gray & Adams double-deck fixed-side trailers. The new additions will be finished in the City Link livery and will operate out of its Coventry, England, hub. Features include a 350mm ground height, Tridec independent suspension and...
- Trailer outlook looking better. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p39
The article highlights the "Commercial Vehicle Trailer Update and Outlook" presentation by FTR Associates president Eric Starks that showed recovery in the trucking industry. FTR Trucking Conditions Index revealed that while the industry is not as vibrant as it is in 2004, it is in healthy...
- January truck orders better than expected. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on net new orders of Class 8 trucks in the U.S. for January 2008. According to a report released by A.C.T. Research, orders were 22,100, which is above Bear Stearns' forecast of 19,000-21,000. It is also stated in the report that January marked the fourth consecutive month of...
- Uptick in trucking equipment orders. // Tire Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p13
The article reports on the current business conditions of North America's trucking industry according to a report released by ACT Research Co. As stated, the industry is seeing a rise in its order for Class 8 vehicles and commercial trailers. ACT projects that 2010 production of Class 8 vehicles...
- MOTOR VEHICLE BODY,TRAILER & PARTS MANUFACTURING. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Transportation Equipment;2004 4th Quarter, p119
Presents statistics on the motor vehicle body, trailer, and parts manufacturing industry in the U.S. from 1997 to 2008. Quarterly and annual revenue and price; Input costs; Gross operating profit; Forecasts for the fourth quarter of 2004 until 2008.
- MOTOR VEHICLE BODY,TRAILER & PARTS MANUFACTURING. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Transportation Equipment;2006 1st Quarter, p117
Two tables are presented which show quarterly and annual revenue, price, cost and profit forecasts for the U.S. motor vehicle body, trailer and parts manufacturing industry.
- SWOT Analysis. // Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p5
The article assesses the business strengths and weaknesses and forecasts the opportunities and threats to Sumitomo Heavy Industries, an industrial manufacturing company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan . Strengths discussed include the company's balanced business portfolio increase in order...