MY "AHA" MOMENT
- Chips off the old block. // South Asian Post;5/12/2011, p15
The article reports on the mother-daughter success stories in business in India including designers Reynu Tanndon and Nikita Tanndon, businesswomen Blossom Kochhar and Samantha Kocchar, and Shahnaz Hussain and Nilofer Hussain.
- A daughter's choice, a parent's legacy. Bell, Susan G. // Christian Science Monitor;4/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 102, p16
Conveys the author's experience in taking her daughter with her to work.
- HORRORS! GIRLS WITH GAVELS! Quindlen, Anna // Newsweek;4/15/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p64
Comments on the presence of women in corporate leadership and the power of women in business. Girls who participate in Take Our Daughters to Work Day; Efforts of women to balance demands of work and family; Way that women are treated in the workplace.
- Take Our Daughters To Work Day. Berger, Gladys // SWE Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p172
The article highlights the "Take Our Daughters to Work Day," which was conceptualized by the Ms. Foundation for Women to give daughters specific role models as their inspiration to aspire to be the best. The foundation conceived the idea as a creative solution to raise the value of women's role...
- Attitude Adjustment. Wallin, Pauline // Kitchen & Bath Business;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on adjustments to be made in work attitudes to achieve job satisfaction and success in business. Questions which could be used for self-assessment; Example case which compared the attitudes of two business owners in managing their businesses; Tips on dealing with childishness at work.
- Ultimate Profit Success. Carlson, Bill // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p72
Offers advice on achieving success in business. Ways to obtain principled profits; Reinforcement of values to employees; Examples of business principles that should be published by companies.
- Your mindset creates your results. Kennedy, Jerry L. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Aug2012, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p60
The article offers suggestion on how to become a good salesperson. It suggests to think like a winner and to visualize the future goals. It also suggests to reinforce the mindset on daily basis by paying attention to the goal. It further suggests to take full responsibility for the result. It...
- Send in the Clowns. Godin, Seth // Fast Company;May2004, Issue 82, p105
This article breaks down clownhood into four common traits related to businesspeople. People may have all sorts of business and theological reasons to challenge a piece of science, but denying the reality of a tested university never leads to a positive outcome. Clowns refuse to measure their...
- RECIPE FOR SUCCESS. O'Hara, Dan // Australian Hotelier;Dec2006, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses the author's experience of being successful businessman in hotel industry in Sydney, New South Wales. He believes that the values and attitudes of a person such as honesty, hard work and companionship are essential in dealing business. A list of components which he...