- The birth and growth of a Polynesian women's exchange network. Small, Cathy A. // Oceania;Mar95, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p234
Describes the birth and growth of a commoner women's exchange network in the Kingdom of Tonga in Polynesia during the twentieth century, based on ethnographic interviews and historical research. Producing and exchanging wealth; Kautaha exchanges; Expansion; Paradoxes; Prestige, love and...
- National president's message: Regaining the excitement to help other women. Spicer, Louise // Women in Business;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p35
Offers suggestions from Louise Spicer, president of the American Business Women's Association (ABWA) on helping other women to grow personally and professionally. How women need support that ABWA provides; Need to share ABWA with more women.
- Folks say the darndest things about networking. Baber, Anne; Waymon, Lynne // Women in Business;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p34
Looks at some common myths and misconceptions about networking. What you know vs. who you know; Time involved in constructiong a good networking system; The issue of manipulation; More. INSET: Networking througn ABWA works!.
- Wired women. Pollock, Scarlet; Sutton, Jo // Canadian Dimension;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on articles about the growing number of women's networks on the Internet. Attempts by women activists to assert their right of access to information technology; Communication and convenience motivating women to push for Internet networks about their interests.
- Wired women a directory. Pollock, Scarlet; Sutton, Jo // Canadian Dimension;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p42
Presents women's social networks on the Internet. Includes The Sunshine Coast Women's Centre in BC; Women's Space Magazine; The Lesbian Mothers Support in Calgary; StudioXX.
- Connecting with other women. Smith., Leslie // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p57
Discusses the importance of networking with other women. Existence of women's networks.
- Networking dos and don'ts. Saloman, Laurie G. // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p57
Presents behavior guidelines in women's networks.
- Never fail to be gracious. Smith, Leslie // Executive Female (0199-2880);Sep/Oct95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p74
Provides some questions as a guide on handling a networking exchange.
- Can women's network activities lead to improved health? Gustafsson-Larsson, Susanne; Hammarström, Anne // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p253
The aim of our study was to focus on women's networks in the Swedish county of JÃ¤mtland, and to analyse the relationship between network activities and the perceived health among the network participants, as well as participation in the community among its residents. Questionnaires were...