5 STEPS TO SMART LEADERSHIP
- Attract Top Talent. Sujansky, Joanne G. // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Sep2007, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p9
This article explains that effective leadership is the key to attracting top talent and motivating and retaining employees. It reveals that most employees identify "lack of leadership" as one of the often cited reasons for leaving their previous companies. To become effective leaders should set...
- TROUBLESHOOTER. // People Management;2/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p72
The article provides answers to a question of how a management can balance the needs of a key member of its staff who has been diagnosed with cancer with that of the business.
- NURTURE NATURE. Beard, Colin // People Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p7
The author reflects on the importance of addressing environmental issues for businesses. In the author's opinion, looking after the environment makes business sense as well as common sense and it is up to human resource (HR) management to take the lead. He cites several ways in which HR...
- Managers Take Action. Driggs, Joan // Progressive Grocer;Jan2015, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses the highlights of the Professional Store Manager Leadership Forum held in Virginia in December 2014. Topics covered include the key elements of the forum agenda such as sharing business challenges, the percentage of store managers who said that department manager meetings...
- Midmanagement's influence on work/life programs. Reynolds, Helen Box // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p44
Suggests how to successfully implement work/life programs for employees. Benefits from work/life programs; Factor most cited as having the greatest influence on the usage of work/life benefits; How a human resource manager can change the attitudes of managers who may be overtly sabotaging...
- Total Life Planning: A New Frontier in Work-Life Benefits. Traynor, Jean B. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p29
Discusses the uniqueness of total life planning program as a benefit designed to meet the strong and growing market demand for work-life benefits. Keys to global business success; Number one driver of workforce commitment; Benefits of total life planning program.
- Work/life, diversity programs a success. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on employers' views on work/life diversity programs, according to a survey conducted by William M. Mercer Inc. Benefits of diversity programs; Use of diversity programs to address the issue of balance between an employee's work and personal life.
- Redesigned work improves business, life balance. Montague, Jim // Control Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the use of improved work-life programs to boost business performance and address personal needs of employees in the United States. Impact of employee involvement on fueling innovation and creativity; Ability of work-life programs to redesign work and make cultural changes;...
- Selling work-life agendas to CEOs. BUDD, JOHN F. // HR Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p136
Discusses human resource practitioners' strategies in selling work-life initiatives to chief executive officers (CEOs). Work-life agendas as concepts rooted in responsibility, morality, sensitivity and generosity; Persuading CEOs to support work-life programs; Employee programs.