PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Personnel. // Automotive News;3/17/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6299, p34
The article reports on the appointment of Eric Brown as the general manager of Dominion Enterprises.
- Senate Confirms New Regulators. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;8/8/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the confirmation of John Dugan as new Comptroller of the Currency and John Reich as new director of the Office of Thrift Supervision, by the U.S. Senate. Career background of Dugan and Reich; Concern of Dugan and Reich to the new risk-based capital standard in banking; Introduction by...
- People. // Hotelier;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p7
The article announces executive appointments in the Canadian hotel industry, including Bill Stone as executive vice-president to lead CB Richard Ellis Hotels' Canadian Hotel practice and Eric R. Brown III as general manager of Manning Park Resort in British Columbia.
- A Critical Cut. Lepp, Adina // Just Out;5/15/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p12
The article reports on the closure of YWCA of Greater Portland's counseling center in Oregon on August 30, 2009. According to Eric Brown, executive director of the YWCA of Greater Portland, the move is in response to the economic downturn and part of the plan to realign the YWCA's services...
- People Moves. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);6/1/2009, p46
The article announces career development of several executives in the public relations industry in the U.S. including Stephanie Agresta as executive vice president (EVP) and global director of digital strategy and social media at Porter Novelli, Bart Peterson as senior vice president (SVP) at...
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p15
The article announces career developments in the U.S. including the employment of Kara Calvert at Franklin Square Group, the inclusion of Jonathan Mantz to the BGR Group and the Richard Prince as vice president of Advanced Medical Technology Association.
- Managerial Career Coaching. Randolph, A. Benton // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on career development coaching by managers. Career discussions between managers and their subordinates; Goal of general managers to help people develop the skills and knowledge needed to reach business objectives.
- You Want Me To Do What? Jones, Pamela R.; Kaye, Beverly; Taylor, Hugh R. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p56
Examines the roles of managers as career coaches for their subordinates. Dual responsibilities of managers; Traditional roles of human resource development departments; Critical competencies; Elements of mentorship programs.
- How Executive Learn: the Move From Glitz to Guts. Bolt, James F. // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p83
Discusses methods for the education and training of executives. Costs associated with management education; Experiential learning; Feedback on management style. INSET: Eight Tips for Designing New Methods of Executive Education.