Starz Bulks Up
- Moving Pictures. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;2/21/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p22
The author comments on decreased occurrences of movies on television and increasing nonscripted television shows. He notes that national broadcasting networks used to play movies or made-for-TV movies on a regular basis. In 2011, movies are usually only shown on cable networks like ABC Family...
- Court TV set to rely on Juris prudence. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/20/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 34, p9
Reports on Court TV's hiring of Marc Juris as general manager. Scope of responsibilities assigned to Juris Court TV's focus on targeting younger audiences.
- ITV in revamp of daytime to stem viewing decline. // Marketing (00253650);3/16/2000, p3
Reports on ITV's overhaul of its daytime television programs to address a viewership decline in Great Britain.
- 2-Year-Old Baby First Is Coming of Age. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;6/16/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p21
The article focuses on BabyFirst TV, an independent, minority-owned network with entertainment-based content designed for babies and toddlers, which is getting closer to 50 million viewers.
- Buy the Minute. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;5/7/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 19, pSR12
The article discusses how Nielsen Media Research's minute-by-minute ratings data is expected to play an important role in the 2007 cable upfront. The article explains that many advertising executives are speculative of the accuracy of Nielsen's minute-by-minute ratings data. According to the...
- Quel futur pour la programmation de tÃ©lÃ©vision : le danger du Â« tout consultatif Â»? CAILLER, Bruno // ESSACHESS;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1(7), p129
With the increase of distribution networks and smart terminals, the supposed personalization of television consumption, and the competition for new audiovisual contents, a true breaking of shared audiovisual distribution occurs. The basic principles of television programming are disrupted. Less...
- REMOTE PATROL: GERMANY. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/4/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 13, pS15
The article reports on the state of German television industry. While the 14-49 demographic, most prized by advertisers, gathers to gawk at U.S. shows airing on commercial channels like RTL, Pro7, and Vox, the over-50 crowd sticks to the all-German fare offered up on public networks ARD and ZDF....
- Sunrise Slugfest. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/16/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the rivalry between television stations WTOL and WTVG in Toledo, Ohio. Decision of WTOL on the broadcast schedule of its morning newscast; Appeal of the morning news to television viewers in Toledo; Comments by David Zamichow, WTVG president and general manager, on their ratings.
- Repeat success for More4's social drama. // Televisual;Nov2005, p82
The article reports on stupendous success of More4, a digital television channel, in screening various Television programs in comparison to other channels. More4 had a good start with the program "A Very Social Secretary." C4 then screened the drama at 9:00 PM on October 20, 2005, when it had 1...