Big Ten Has Holes in Line
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- Changing the Game. Kelly, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p16A
Features CNN/SI, Cable News Network's sports news network. Subscription; Major sporting events aired by the network; Programming strategy.
- Pac-10 deal with Liberty Sports. // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p4
Reports on Liberty Sports' renewal of a deal with Pac-10 football for exclusive cable and regional rights to 18 conference games annually beginning in 1995 through 2000. Contract provisions.
- The big picture. Arkush, Michael; Russell, Geoff // Golf World;04/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the junior golf tournament that will debut on the Golf Channel in May 2000 as well as the agreement reached by ABC with Billy Ray Brown to be an on-course commentator.
- A bittersweet swan song? Dupree, Scotty // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the unexpected success of The Baseball Network's regional feeds of Major League Baseball playoff games. Medium-to-strong audience performance of the televised playoff games; Success in the scheduling of the divisional playoffs; Virgin markets as source of biggest metered-market ratings.
- Two Way TV and Sky Sports combine to provide games. // Campaign;6/29/2001, Issue 26, p11
Reports that Sky Sports and Two Way TV have teamed up to develop interactive programming for Sky Sports viewers in Great Britain.
- A WIDE WORLD OF SPORTING ACTION. Browne, Jeffery // B&T Magazine;3/1/2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2786, p12
The article offers information on the sport broadcasting strategies of the Australian television channel Network Nine.
- Sports Channel revamp. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/96, Vol. 126 Issue 23, p33
Reports on the revamp of the daily program schedule of the Sports Channel, as a cable sports network based in New York State, starting June 1996. List of programming additions in sports; Scheduling alterations; Themed-programming blocks.
- Venture sees growing global appetite for sports news. Kelly, Sean // Electronic Media;11/25/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p12
Features Sports News Television (SNTV) a joint venture base in the United States which provides daily news feeds on international sports. Origin of the station; Comments from chairman Sir. David Nicholas.
- Puck stops here. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 30, p30
Reports on the the awarding of the cable and broadcast television rights of the Florida Panthers National Hockey League franchise to the Sunshine Network. Details of the deal; Sunshine Network's audience reach.