Effectiveness of concomitant immunosuppressive therapy in suppressing the formation of antibodies to infliximab in Crohn's disease
- Crohn's disease: current treatment options. Akobeng, A. K. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Sep2008, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p787
There is no known cure for Crohn's disease (CD), but a better understanding of the evidence base of both established treatments (such as enteral nutrition, corticosteroids, 5-aminosalicylates and immunosuppressive agents) and emerging treatments (such as the anti-tumour necrosis factor-Î±...
- An Open-Label Study of the Human Anti-TNF Monoclonal Antibody Adalimumab in Subjects with Prior Loss of Response or Intolerance to Infliximab for Crohn's Disease. Sandborn, William J.; Hanauer, Stephen; Loftus, Edward V.; Tremaine, William J.; Kane, Sunanda; Cohen, Russell; Hanson, Karen; Johnson, Therese; Schmitt, Debra; Jeche, Resa // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2004, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p1984
BACKGROUND: We assessed the tolerability and clinical benefit of adalimumab, a human antibody to tumor necrosis factor (TNF), in patients with Crohn's disease who had previously received and responded to the chimeric anti-TNF antibody infliximab, but who no longer had a sustained response and/or...
- Clinical Implications of Measuring Drug and Anti-Drug Antibodies by Different Assays When Optimizing Infliximab Treatment Failure in Crohn's Disease: Post Hoc Analysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Steenholdt, Casper; Bendtzen, Klaus; Brynskov, Jørn; Thomsen, emptyv; Ainsworth, Mark A // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2014, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p1055
OBJECTIVES:Cost-effective guidance of therapeutic strategy in Crohn's disease patients with secondary infliximab (IFX) treatment failure may be achieved by serum IFX and anti-IFX antibody (Ab) measurements by radioimmunoassay (RIA). This study investigated implications of using other techniques...
- The relationship between infliximab concentrations, antibodies to infliximab and disease activity in Crohn's disease. Casteele, Niels Vande; Khanna, Reena; Levesque, Barrett G.; Stitt, Larry; Zou, G. Y.; Singh, Sharat; Lockton, Steve; Hauenstein, Scott; Ohrmund, Linda; Greenberg, Gordon R.; Rutgeerts, Paul J.; Gils, Ann; Sandborn, William J.; Vermeire, Séverine; Feagan, Brian G. // Gut;Oct2015, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p1539
Objective: Although low infliximab trough concentrations and antibodies to infliximab (ATI) are associated with poor outcomes in patients with Crohn's disease (CD), the clinical relevance of ATI in patients with adequate infliximab concentrations is uncertain. We evaluated this question using an...
- NICE recommends treatments for Crohn's disease. // Practice Nurse;5/28/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article presents the recommendation by the British National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) of infliximab and adalimumab as treatments for patients with Crohn's disease.
- Infliximab. // Reactions Weekly;9/4/2010, Issue 1317, p28
The article describes the case of a 53-year-old man who had pityriasis lichenoides chronica while taking infliximab, and became well through methotrexate.
- Benefit of intravenous immunoglobulin in a patient with longstanding polymyositis/systemic sclerosis overlap syndrome. Abelha-Aleixo, J.; Bernardo, A.; Costa, L. // Acta ReumatolÃ³gica Portuguesa;abr-jun2015, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p176
The authors describe the case of a 49-year-old female with a progressive tetraparesis with two years of evolution, whose diagnostic study revealed a polymyositis/systemic sclerosis overlap syndrome. The patient was completely dependent and bedridden and had pulmonary, gastrointestinal, skin and...
- Infliximab. // Reactions Weekly;7/22/2006, Issue 1111, p14
The article presents a case study of a 40-year-old woman who was diagnosed with reactivation histoplasmosis while being treated with infliximab for Crohn's disease.
- Infliximab. // Reactions Weekly;5/13/2006, Issue 1101, p11
The article presents a case study of a 22-year-old woman who developed interstitial pneumonia on being treated with infliximab for fistulating Crohn's disease.